Complete M52 Swap for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete M52 Swap for sale

Selling a complete M52 swap. I completed the swap at the beginning of summer (2011) but I like having a project on the go so a completed car does me no good! :nice: Would like to part this car out and move on, got another E30 project ready to go :)

M52B28, 100% rebuilt using all OEM components. Main bearings, con rod bearings, piston rings, valves guides etc etc. Vanos is rebuilt with a complete Dr. Vanos kit. Broken in using the motoman method, first oil change at 30km, switched to Redline 10w-40 at ~1000km. Have approx 2000km on the rebuild.

Has been upgraded with S52 cams, M50 intake, cold air intake (modified to have filter in brake duct area, enclosed in a splash/rock shield)

The exhaust is eBay long tube headers into single 3" stainless pipe all the way back. Magnaflow cat, Borla muffler in middle and another magnaflow muffler out back. Only uses the front O2 Sensors.

OBD II computer with EWS delete, rear O2 delete. Tuned for M50 intake, S52 cams and the headers. The tuning was done by TRM.

My E30 is an early model, so the wiring adapter is the rectangular 10 pin. If your E30 is a late model you will need to make your own adapter. I can help you make yours if requested, it is easy and well documented here.

E36 328i ZF manual transmission and driveshaft. Shifter not included. If your car is an automatic, I can add all the components to convert your car to manual for extra cost

IX Booster, 25mm master cylinder and all the other little fiddly bits like the frame mounted FPR, hoses/lines etc etc. Everything single part in this swap is new or rebuilt.

I realize this is a long shot as 99.9% of the members here are in the US, but I might as well advertise where i can!

Price is $3000. Could do the install for you (negotiable) over a weekend too if someone wanted to make a trip out of it :D Will not part out as car will go back to being my summer drive if not sold by the time track season gets going.

A few of the car

Click image for larger version

Name:	20110731M0154.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	7225379
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20110731M0153.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	7225380

Man if you were in California, SOLD, and I would even have paid you to install it too. :) GLWS either way, should sell just be patient. This is a engine just waiting for a turbo build to happen. :)

Comment

Want ! F'ing Pond
      sigpic

Leave Feedback here:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=261541

Comment

Damn wrong coast AGAIN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ruqknuf View Post
          Want ! F'ing Pond
          He's in Toronto, Canada, not England.

Comment

How are we supposed to know where he is. When I google Scarborough is comes up with the place in the UK.
            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
              How are we supposed to know where he is. When I google Scarborough is comes up with the place in the UK.
              It came up both Canada and UK when I googled it as well. The OP's picture is of a LHD car with North American sized plates and the waterprint "touge.ca".

And all the mileage references were in kilometers.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Comment

lol, I am in fact in Canada. Scarborough is a suburb in Toronto, Ontario

All PMs have been replied too, been away so I haven't been able to check up on this thread until now.

Thanks for the replies guys, this is a turbo build waiting to happen! A turbo is the reason why I went with a single 3" exhaust instead of dual 2.25"s. I wanted to do it myself but plans have changed. Got another E30 that is getting something different.

One of you guys should make a road trip vacation, come see toronto! Drive here in an M20 leave with an M52!! :D
                Last edited by Dissembler; 02-15-2012, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Uploaded a quick walk around of the car. Its nothing special, just a clip so any would be buyers can see and hear what they would get :)

Comment

Quick bump, getting a shipping quote for several members. Never shipped anything by freight before though, going to try phoning fedex tomorrow. Can anyone suggest a company to ship with?

Comment

just get a prepaid box :D

Comment

^^haha, Ill get a flat rate envelope from the post office. Pretty sure I can do that lol

Working on getting reasonable quotes. I was quoted $3500 by fedex :???: but i think that would get the swap air-dropped onto your driveway cause i was redirected to another Fedex Freight when I mentioned to the rep that I've heard it only costs a couple hundred to ship a skid... of course they were closed though so have to phone them tomorrow.

Comment

I have been getting quotes of $850 (CAD) to ship the engine swap, all 3 different companies have told me pretty much the exact same thing. So shipping+packing materials will probably end up in the $1000 range. I have been getting estimates based on 2 skids. When I pull it out I might be able to package it on one skid which would probably cut the cost in half, but I don't want to risk damaging anything. This quote is based on an address in wyoming, so it would probably get a little more/less expensive depending on whether you live further/closer to ontario than that.

Comment

Still have the swap?

Comment

Working...
                            X