Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosch AFM Refurbish / Restoration Service! (Air Flow Meter) AFM's FOR SALE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
    Let's go $80 shipped for the 325i AFM!
    I purchased this unit from Greg and finally got around to installing it tonight. I have a '92 M-Tech w/standard M20b25 motor (basic 325i). My main problem was a very 'lumpy' idle, like a big block V-8 with big cams. No shit, sometimes the car at idle would 'rock' back and forth! However, my tach needle stayed rock-solid at 650-700rpm. I also went thru a recent top-end rebuild/head gasket, so I was very confident there were no vacuum leaks.

Anyhow, I installed Greg's refurb'd AFM, fired it up and noticed an immediate difference in a 'smoother' idle. Took the car for a quick romp around the streets and felt better throttle response and even more power (could be a placebo effect?!).

I'm sure with a little more drive time the ecu will adapt even better, which is something I will report back on.

For now, let me say that I am very happy with this refurb'd AFM and highly recommend Greg's work. Greg, I'll be packing up my old AFM and sending it back to you. I'd be interested in seeing what my old AFM tests out at with your oscilloscope.

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
      I purchased this unit from Greg and finally got around to installing it tonight. I have a '92 M-Tech w/standard M20b25 motor (basic 325i). My main problem was a very 'lumpy' idle, like a big block V-8 with big cams. No shit, sometimes the car at idle would 'rock' back and forth! However, my tach needle stayed rock-solid at 650-700rpm. I also went thru a recent top-end rebuild/head gasket, so I was very confident there were no vacuum leaks.

Anyhow, I installed Greg's refurb'd AFM, fired it up and noticed an immediate difference in a 'smoother' idle. Took the car for a quick romp around the streets and felt better throttle response and even more power (could be a placebo effect?!).

I'm sure with a little more drive time the ecu will adapt even better, which is something I will report back on.

For now, let me say that I am very happy with this refurb'd AFM and highly recommend Greg's work. Greg, I'll be packing up my old AFM and sending it back to you. I'd be interested in seeing what my old AFM tests out at with your oscilloscope.

Thanks John! Glad it worked out great!
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

FS: AFM for 325i, fully refurbished electrically

SOLD
        This unit has gone through my full electrical refurbish and has beautiful signal output.

$120 shipped including $20 refundable core deposit. This unit idle adjust screw is still factory sealed!

Fully disassembled

All electrical contacts cleaned and adjusted onto fresh material.

Unit is sealed up (sealant will dry clear)

Electrical signal output graphs.
        Slowly moved from fully closed to fully open, nice clean output, no drops in signal. Nice clean linear output.

Close up of the idle speed range. From 0 to 2 volts. Perfect signal, no drop out or loss.

These next graphs are repeatability tests of the middle speed range, and high speed range. All look perfect without any drops in signal.

This next graph shows cycling the AFM flap from fully closed to fully open 12 times in about 9 seconds. Perfect feedback.
        Last edited by Gregs///M; 10-16-2012, 12:45 PM.
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

I've got 318I and 325I AFM's available for anyone who needs it. Will post pics and testing results soon.
          www.BavRest.com
          My Feedback Thread
          Our Facebook!
          Follow our Instagram!

Comment

How much for the 325i

Comment

$150 shipped including refundable core charge of $20. Cores must be in good mechanical shape and lid must be factory sealed to qualify for core refund.

3 available for the 325i M20. 1 available for the 318i M42
              Last edited by Gregs///M; 04-10-2014, 12:54 PM.
              www.BavRest.com
              My Feedback Thread
              Our Facebook!
              Follow our Instagram!

Comment

I'll take one, and pay extra if you can get it to 92688 (southern California) as soon as possible. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by f3nd3r View Post
                  I'll take one, and pay extra if you can get it to 92688 (southern California) as soon as possible. Thanks!
                  I can have one sent out tomorrow. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss shipping options.
                  www.BavRest.com
                  My Feedback Thread
                  Our Facebook!
                  Follow our Instagram!

Comment

E30 325is AFM

pm'd

Comment

Hat tip to a proper technician. I received a piece of his handiwork and not only did it solve my problem but it runs smoother than ever! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by f3nd3r View Post
                        Hat tip to a proper technician. I received a piece of his handiwork and not only did it solve my problem but it runs smoother than ever! :up:
                        Awesome thanks for the review!
                        www.BavRest.com
                        My Feedback Thread
                        Our Facebook!
                        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

I currently have one M42 AFM, and two 325i AFM's. PM me if interested.
                          www.BavRest.com
                          My Feedback Thread
                          Our Facebook!
                          Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Hello fellow Greg! I am local, and was wondering if I could just drop off my 87 325e (M20) AFM to you for refurbishment. Once of the last things I need done before smog. Thanks!

-Gregg
                            Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
                            Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

Originally posted by Spyke View Post
                              Hello fellow Greg! I am local, and was wondering if I could just drop off my 87 325e (M20) AFM to you for refurbishment. Once of the last things I need done before smog. Thanks!

-Gregg
                              Of course, I am available evenings after Tuesday or weekends. You can shoot me a PM and meet up.
                              www.BavRest.com
                              My Feedback Thread
                              Our Facebook!
                              Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
                                Of course, I am available evenings after Tuesday or weekends. You can shoot me a PM and meet up.
                                Thanks! PM'd
                                Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
                                Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

Working...
                                X