So-Cal: Megan Racing Euro Series Full Coilovers 45mm and 51mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatphos View Post
    Sebo, dayum you're quick! I need to stop working and spend some time on my car! PM me with who did your paint buddy!

thank you!

ill shoot u a pm with the info!
    -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
    -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
    Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
    For more updates:)
    Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

How much to weld spindles

Comment

Originally posted by GUERONASTY View Post
        anywhere from 350$-400...dont forget to include labor..pulling out the spindles...sawzalling the spindle..then welding.

Comment

Originally posted by GUERONASTY View Post
          If you're local and you have everything off and you just bring it to me to chop and weld, then that would be much affordable. PM me for price and info.
          MILD | Steady Garage

Transaction Feedback
          Megan Racing Euro Coilovers for E30

Comment

Originally posted by obes View Post
            same height but rear is more stiff.
            your probably gnna have to run some thicker spacers just to clear the front..like 15-20mm

im staggered 16x8..16x9...11 offset for all four..rear sits good..front i need 10mm spacers to clear the inner rim from hitting the strut tower/spring.

I'm running 215s in the rear and 205s for the front
            Thanks for the info. I talked with Kev and it looks like I'm going to swap in some 6in springs up front to be safe. I think I might try some 215/40/'s for the front as well. With the 5mm spacers and an effective et15 offset, my 225's don't quite look right.... a little too beefy and too much poke for my tastes.

BTW I love the staggered look you have going. I think I might trade in my 16x8's in the back for some 16x9's some time in the next year.

ZF320 | M50 Mani | TRM + 21.5lb Injectors + 3.5in MAF | E36 M3 Rack/Driveshaft | Megan Coilovers | 002R/452's
            In the works: UUC Evo 3/DSSR, JB Racing lightweight Flywheel, Shrick cams, BBK (yet to be determined)
            I NEED A WINGLESS AW TRUNK LID PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by johnjohnsons54 View Post
              Thanks for the info. I talked with Kev and it looks like I'm going to swap in some 6in springs up front to be safe. I think I might try some 215/40/'s for the front as well. With the 5mm spacers and an effective et15 offset, my 225's don't quite look right.... a little too beefy and too much poke for my tastes.

BTW I love the staggered look you have going. I think I might trade in my 16x8's in the back for some 16x9's some time in the next year.
              try 205s in the front and 215s or 225s in the rear... might sit better with that set up...im gnna eventually run 225s in the rear due to an s50 turbo build..but i can deff run 225s and pull off the slammed look.

thank you! do it! 16x9 would be awesome!

Comment

205/45 is baby stetch on an 8" and looks good if you're low.
                215/40 is baby stretch with a more shallow/rubberbandish look.
                215/45 is square on an 8"
                I'd get 5" springs in the rear so you can actually use the adjuster. With a 6", you'd probably end up pulling it out/removing pads!

try 205s in the front and 215s or 225s in the rear... might sit better with that set up...im gnna eventually run 225s in the rear due to an s50 turbo build..but i can deff run 225s and pull off the slammed look.

thank you! do it! 16x9 would be awesome!
                ni99a you're going to need like 265's lmao

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  I'd get 5" springs in the rear so you can actually use the adjuster. With a 6", you'd probably end up pulling it out/removing pads!

Thanks for the input.

Are you saying 205/45's probably look better than 215/40's on an 8 inch wheel in the front? I want fairly minimal fender gap but I'm not planning to slam the hell out of it. I'm starting to think the 215/45's might actually be perfect for me as I'm ultimately looking for a little bit of stretch or none at all.

As for the rear springs, the ones that came with the kit seems to have gotten me plenty low with the 225/45's. I'm currently tucking a little bit of tire in the back

ZF320 | M50 Mani | TRM + 21.5lb Injectors + 3.5in MAF | E36 M3 Rack/Driveshaft | Megan Coilovers | 002R/452's
                  In the works: UUC Evo 3/DSSR, JB Racing lightweight Flywheel, Shrick cams, BBK (yet to be determined)

Comment

i'd get 5" springs in the rear so you can actually use the adjuster. With a 6", you'd probably end up pulling it out/removing pads!

Ni99a you're going to need like 265's lmao
                    yolo!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Are you saying 205/45's probably look better than 215/40's on an 8 inch wheel in the front? I want fairly minimal fender gap but I'm not planning to slam the hell out of it. I'm starting to think the 215/45's might actually be perfect for me as I'm ultimately looking for a little bit of stretch or none at all.

As for the rear springs, the ones that came with the kit seems to have gotten me plenty low with the 225/45's. I'm currently tucking a little bit of tire in the back

actually 215s would be nice too!

Comment

yolo!!!!!!!!!
                        maybe 165's would be better?

Thanks for the input.

Yes. 215/40 looks like a rubberband because of the short sidewall, so your car has to be lowered pretty good not to look that goofy. It's not that bad, but it's meh. 205/45 is baby stretch. 215/45 is square and looks proper if you're not planning to really lower the car MUCH(H&R race status).

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

maybe 165's would be better?

Yes. 215/40 looks like a rubberband because of the short sidewall, so your car has to be lowered pretty good not to look that goofy. It's not that bad, but it's meh. 205/45 is baby stretch. 215/45 is square and looks proper if you're not planning to really lower the car MUCH(H&R race status).
                          Thanks for the pic. I could definitely handle that amount of stretch but I'm still torn between those and the 215's haha.

I think with the 6 inch springs I could probably get away with 215/45's and a decent drop. I'll post up when I figure it out

Comment

Thanks for the pic. I could definitely handle that amount of stretch but I'm still torn between those and the 215's haha.

I think with the 6 inch springs I could probably get away with 215/45's and a decent drop. I'll post up when I figure it out
                            haha just think of the 215/45's as a square setup. That pic should help!
                            Rates matter too next to length. I have had 6" 500lbs longgggggggg time ago and that was tastefully slammed. Now knowing much, I thought 6" was fine and got like 700lbs from a friend and it was monster truckin' I had to lose the adjuster and pads to barely lose the wheel gap.

5" with an adjuster can be a 6" ;D

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

oops i meant 225s on my rear not 215s..i apologize..:O

yes abby... 165 would be perfect!!! YOLO!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I just pulled the trigger on a couple of 205/45 yokohamas for only $206 shipped form discount tire. Hopefully these will be skinny enough to miss the spring perches at the height I'm looking for. If not....6 inchers will be swapped in.

As for the rear, any thoughts on which would be less likely to rub......225/45/16's on 16x8 et20's or 225/45/16 on 16x9 et15's?

I'm currently running the first option and I get the slightest rubbing when fully compressed and the rear coils adjusted all the way down.

I'm wondering if the 16x9 option might actually be less likely to rub because it stretches the tire a little more?

oops i meant 225s on my rear not 215s..i apologize..:O

yes abby... 165 would be perfect!!! YOLO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X