Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: CONDOR 12mm SUBFRAME RISER BUSHINGS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will raising the subframe increase the trailing arm/spring perch angle? Could this increase the chance of coil bind?
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Bump for Family...
      https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        Will raising the subframe increase the trailing arm/spring perch angle? Could this increase the chance of coil bind?
        Not really. You're moving the pivot point up... The springs will still be the same spring rate, so they won't be any more compressed than they were before... but good question!

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
        Bump for Family...

Comment

so this will not adjust the height of the car? if not im interested in a set

Comment

Originally posted by w201cosworth View Post
            so this will not adjust the height of the car? if not im interested in a set
            No it won't change your ride height

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
            -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

correct, it will NOT change your ride height...

Comment

Won't it raise it by 12mm?

Comment

No, your raising the subframe, not the car.
                  -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                    No, your raising the subframe, not the car.
                    Exactly.

Comment

Interested...FLG, what were your camber numbers before and after the bushings? I saw you were 2.5 after, but what about before?

Comment

I understand that raising the subframe doesn't affect the height of the spring, but the spring is the pivot point of the system. If you raise the subframe 12mm, the front of the trailing arms moves up 12mm, the middle of the trailing arm where the springs are stays put, but the rear of the trailing arm should lower roughly 12mm, depending on how close to centered the spring is on the trailing arm. Like a see-saw, if you raise one side, the other goes down.
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                          I understand that raising the subframe doesn't affect the height of the spring, but the spring is the pivot point of the system. If you raise the subframe 12mm, the front of the trailing arms moves up 12mm, the middle of the trailing arm where the springs are stays put, but the rear of the trailing arm should lower roughly 12mm, depending on how close to centered the spring is on the trailing arm. Like a see-saw, if you raise one side, the other goes down.
                          Yes I understand that logic. It makes sense. Looking at a rear trailing arm, it looks like the spring(pivot point) is about 3/4 of the way down the trailing arm. Based on this it may raise the rear close to 3 mm which is about 1/8 of an inch.
                          We will take some measurements on our next install to be certain.

Comment

Before and after pictures might help those interested.

Comment

Originally posted by King Mufasa View Post
                              Before and after pictures might help those interested.
                              in the works. :)

Comment

Quick question regarding the camber correction here...

How low does an E30 have to be before raising the subframe is beneficial? I'd assume that if the car wasn't low enough to begin with before installing these offset bushings, you'd end up with an undesirable situation in the direction of positive camber. My particular car will be on H&R race/Bilstein. Good idea on this setup, or overkill? Thanks man. I'm looking to do a complete bushing replacement, and your stuff looks good!

Comment

Working...
                                X