Kamotors Rivet on Fender flares.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
    Maybe out back but up front I am on a 255 street tire and I am 5mm to the strut and 3 mm to the flare.
    Rim size and et?
    Whatever
    88ix coupe, 89seta turbo sedan

Comment

I purchased a set of ultra-wide flares a while back (12/13). My project, which has been on hold, is now progressing.
      My question is, over the weekend I blew off the thick layer of dust off the car and re-examined the flares I got so many years ago and I am having a hard time telling if the flare made to fit the front drivers side and the rear passenger side should go the other way around... I could not find any markings on them. They do have a slight difference in the profile, but the belt molding cut and where they meet the bumpers don't match up.

any guidance would be appreciated.

TIA,
      Greg

Comment

Can anyone recommend a wheel and tire size for the regular flares that has the tire pretty flush?

Comment

17x9 et10 w/ 245/40/17^

7speedshop.com

Comment

Can anyone post a pic of what needs to be cut out when mounting these flares? I understand the marking, drilling, then cutting method. I will do that when I mount mine. Just trying to get a general idea of what I'm getting into is all. Seems like there were some pics posted years ago but the server is no longer hosting them so all there is is the red X of death.

Comment

I have a few more in my in my build thread which is in my signature. Keep in mind what you have to trim will depend on how high you mount the flares also.

-Brad
              My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
                I have a few more in my in my build thread which is in my signature. Keep in mind what you have to trim will depend on how high you mount the flares also.
                Perfect. Thanks man! I just took a look at your build thread and it looks like you let the flares overhang the bumpers when mounting and then trimmed them to fit nicely before the bumpers went back on. The cuts look super clean and I was hoping to find out what tool you used to get the cuts so clean. Did you hit them with a Dremel or a 3" die grinder and then did you sand the cuts when you were done? I'm most likely overthinking this, but yours turned out looking great so figured I'd ask.

Comment

Looking to place a order. Sent you a few pm's. Please email me at Ben.sipson@gmail.com
                  Follow me @baysidefabrication on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post

I want to know what wire that was! Is it common for e30's to have wiring placed there (can't make out exactly which fender that is)?

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom Stew View Post
                      I want to know what wire that was! Is it common for e30's to have wiring placed there (can't make out exactly which fender that is)?
                      I'm assuming it's the wiring for the fuel filler door lock system.

Comment

I cut up higher than that and didn't find any wires, but ya I'd assume it's fuel door lock actuator wiring.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

7speedshop.com

Comment

looks like the drivers side, so it might be for the power antenna.

Comment

Been trying to get a hold of you to place a order. Please email me at Ben.sipson@gmail.com if your still supplying these. Thanks -Ben
                            Follow me @baysidefabrication on Instagram

Comment

What color is the car in your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by greg1333 View Post
                                looks like the drivers side, so it might be for the power antenna.
                                Good eye, didn't even notice that. The antenna wiring runs through the trunk wall though. At least it does on my '90 coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X