Kamotors Rivet on Fender flares.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
    Anybody know of a direct fit 15x9 or 15x10 wheel with good brake clearance that doesn't cost a kidney? It would be fun to fill out some flares!
    I'm looking forward to spacers and some serious meat on these Apexs...:p

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
      I'd be wanting the rear only set as well. I made the mistake of getting the fiberwerks full set and their rears require a large amount of sheetmetal work to make fit well.
      Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
      Interested in rears only as well. Was looking at Ary's, but if these require less work I'm in. Do they allow the same amount of tire as the Fiberwerks flares?

Sorry, but these two posts are just silly....

I'm not a defender of Ary at all... I've been pretty vocal on this forum about some of eurostops horrible looking kits, overpriced shipping charges and stealing photos of members cars that use parts not purchased by eurostop.

But in this instance, I cannot see how any bolt on fender would be different.

IE 2002 flares / eurostop flares / Kamotors flares / universal flares all require the same 10 steps.

1. tape off part of fender & surrounding area
      2. mount flare on fender w/ tape or bolted in
      3. mark on tape the outline of the fender & remove fender flare
      4. trace on tape where you think you need to cut. should be somewhere below the outline of the fender and the fender mounting sections.
      5. cut off stock fender. THIS IS REQUIRED TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGES OF WIDER FENDERS.
      6. smooth/file/sand fresh cut marks to reduce tire damage.
      7. weld rear inner fender liner & outer body back together. You just hacked off the origional joint welds & these should be rejoined for chassis integrity.
      8. paint/por15/rustproof freshly cut area to prevent rust
      9. re-install fender flare
      10. put wheels on the car and check for clearance.

So no matter which way you cut it, if you install flares for the purpose of putting a larger tire on the car, you will need to perform the same amount of work. Unless you don't like the look of the eurostop flares, there isn't going to be much gain with flare A over flare B.

I've only seen the pictures of the Kamotors flares, but I owned the IE flares, and current have Eurostop flares installed. the Eurostop flares have substantually more room for tires over the IE flares, and it looks like they also have more space than the Kamotors flares. If your looking for a medium flare, these fit perfectly between the IE and eurostop flares.

Please don't view this opinion as trying to steal away customers, just an opinion from somebody who has gone down this road twice now. I quite like the look of the Kamotor flares, and I'm glad there are more options in the market now! To be honest, with the Eurostop flares & these, nobody should be buying the IE flares for anything other than 2002's anymore.
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
        I'm looking forward to spacers and some serious meat on these Apexs...:p

Comment

OK got the other flare on, now just need to get new cutting wheels to cut out the OEM flare.
          if you have a dremel this is an easy install.
          Fits and conforms to the body very nice in my opinion. As Eric said these would fit inbetween IE 2002 style flares and DTM fiberwerks flare in terms of clearance.
          I'm very happy with fitment
          and quick how-to on the welting.
          loosely attach to body

cut welting notches(ignore water spots lol)

Then tighten it down

conforms very nice

7speedshop.com

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

I love the fully painted look! I would be in for a group buy!

Comment

im going to send my car to a bodyshop soon anyways. so ill just have them make that shit invisible

Comment

Im ready to sell rear sets if you guys are ready to buy, I'm confident that these fit well.

7speedshop.com

Comment

In for a set, if a early model set is designed...
                    sigpic
                    Justin Angelli
                    1985 325e Gazellenbiege

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      Sorry, but these two posts are just silly....

But in this instance, I cannot see how any bolt on fender would be different.

IE 2002 flares / eurostop flares / Kamotors flares / universal flares all require the same 10 steps.

1. tape off part of fender & surrounding area
                      2. mount flare on fender w/ tape or bolted in
                      3. mark on tape the outline of the fender & remove fender flare
                      4. trace on tape where you think you need to cut. should be somewhere below the outline of the fender and the fender mounting sections.
                      5. cut off stock fender. THIS IS REQUIRED TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGES OF WIDER FENDERS.
                      6. smooth/file/sand fresh cut marks to reduce tire damage.
                      7. weld rear inner fender liner & outer body back together. You just hacked off the origional joint welds & these should be rejoined for chassis integrity.
                      8. paint/por15/rustproof freshly cut area to prevent rust
                      9. re-install fender flare
                      10. put wheels on the car and check for clearance.

So no matter which way you cut it, if you install flares for the purpose of putting a larger tire on the car, you will need to perform the same amount of work. Unless you don't like the look of the eurostop flares, there isn't going to be much gain with flare A over flare B.
                      I'll preface this with the fact I'm fairly new to e30s, and fender flares in general. My other car tucks a 19x10 wheel and 315 tire easily so I've never had to venture into flares.

I can only speak about my car, and the flares I bought from Ary. They are not a bad product at all. They just don't fit my early high arches. My factory flare "starts" too high on the fender. If I cut it out, there would be no metal for the flare to bolt to because the flare's curve is too high on the fender. If I tried flattening down the arch a bit I'm sure I could make it work but not without a significant amount of sheetmetal work that I don't have the confidence to do. It's difficult for me to describe without showing you. If Kamotors flares fit the early arches without having to flatten down the factory ones or trying to "extend" the flare so it can both be mounted higher and meet the body side molding/bumper line then that's already at least half the work required.

Now, I may be crazy here but this car being a daily until I get my other car up and running again I can't just try experimenting by slicing off the factory flare in hopes there is enough material there to mount the fiberwerks flares. Understand?

Regardless, the design is different enough on these flares that I should probably just buy a full set of these and sell my fiberwerks flares.
                      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                      Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Makes sense, my flared car is a late model.

Comment

I'll let you guys know this weekend how it fits an early model. My guess is that I would need the notch cut lower and more added to the rear side but I can EASILY sell 2 different version of my flares. one for early and one for late model.

7speedshop.com

Comment

once you get the front's mocked up and ready to go, I'm in. Are you going to try and do a group buy on these?
                            sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
                            Build Thread:
                            Current ongoing build. Check it out!
                            1991 318is 4dr rallycross
                            Rallycross Build Thread.
                            1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post
                              once you get the front's mocked up and ready to go, I'm in. Are you going to try and do a group buy on these?

yeah If I can get 5 orders I'll drop the price down, front will be mounted tomorrow.

7speedshop.com

Comment

If only I had a DS :(
                                Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X