Custom receiver hitch for plastic bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom receiver hitch for plastic bumpers

Custom built receiver hitch for plastic bumper cars. You know that there is no option from Dalan or anyone else to have a real receiver hitch for the late model cars. This is a custom built one, it attaches to the bumper bracket on the driver side, the tow hook on the passenger side, and 2 holes get drilled into the spare tire well. The sticker claims a 2000lb max trailer weight, but I wouldn't. I used this to pull a 4x4 harbor freight tire trailer for years, but took it off to save the weight now that I have a tow vehicle.

I'll include the ball mount as well since it had to be modified to fit (cut off a notch in the very back, nothing structural)

The only hitches I know of for plastic bumper cars are drawbars, like this: http://www.hitchweb.com/product/88/1...BMW-300-Series
    For the aluminum bumper cars, you can get: http://www.hitchweb.com/product/88/1...h-BMW-3-Series

My hitch:

Ball mount included:

Notched to make it fit into the receiver:

When it was still installed:

$150 + shipping

Do you have a pic of it installed taken far away. So we could see the whole rear of the car with it installed.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I don't have any good ones, but here's a couple action shots that should give you a good idea.

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

Trade for anything? I need

Check Us out on Facebook
            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
            Full Product Line Tuning
            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

This is wicked cool

GLWS

Comment

Trades...not much I need. So little of the car is near stock at this point.

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                    X