Custom door handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom door handles

I picked up a couple spare sets of door handles from the junk so I could make a few different designs. So if any of you want my ///M they are available. Or I can make something custom for you.

$50 shipped obo for ///M. Pricing will have to be discussed for custom handle designs. They can be done in pretty much any color you like. Most likely between $50-$75.

I can also wrap your handles to match your wheels other parts of your car. I have a lot of different colors of vinyl.
    Last edited by willworkfore30s; 07-17-2013, 04:47 PM.
    sigpic

How much for 2 M handles shipped to 03043?
    They look sweet!
    The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

$50
      sigpic

Comment

Those handels are sweet, do want. Very nice work
        sigpic

Comment

For those interested in the handles. This is how I made them. The logo's are not machined into the metal. The vinyl is stretched over the logos and then heated to about 250 degrees to change the vinyl's memory to its new shape. I have had them installed for about 4 months now and they look as good as the day I made them.

The vinyl is 3M 1080 Matte Black and has proven to be very durable. It is also a near perfect match to the OEM shadowline color and finish as well as the SEM Trim paint. Some of my shadowline is wrapped and some is SEM trim painted and you can't tell the difference. I will try and take some pictures of them on my car to show how they have held up.

In the above picture, the handles had been installed for about 2 months and had been subjected to daily use.

Logos are cut out of vinyl that's been laminated to give it the thickness to raise the logo.

This is after I first got the handle wrapped tight. I had not heated it and pushed down the edges of the logos yet so it's not as crisp as the finished product.

Almost finished

One finished. I was really pleased with the final results. This project was just an experiment at first but they came out looking good and have held up great. Only reason I am selling these is because there is nothing ///M about my car. I'm trying to come up with something different to put on my next set.
          Last edited by willworkfore30s; 07-01-2013, 07:06 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you berlow94. I will pack them up tonight and ship them out in the morning.

I have two more sets of door handles I believe. So I can make someone a set of whatever design they want. After that I will require cores so that I can continue to open my doors.
            sigpic

Comment

Very cool, thanks for sharing the technique. Definitely a decent amount of time invested to get these right
              Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
              A Topless Memorandum

Comment

berlow94 - Your handles are packed up and sitting in the mailbox, they will go out in the morning. Thanks again

Very cool, thanks for sharing the technique. Definitely a decent amount of time invested to get these right
                Thanks, they are fairly tedious. But I think its a good way to get custom handles pretty cheap since you don't have to pay a machinist. They get lots of compliments.
                sigpic

Comment

All pm's replied
                  sigpic

Comment

Sweet! Thanks!
                    The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I just sold my last spare set of handles. From here on out I will have to ask anyone interested to ship me their handles as cores. The price to ship yours to me will be taken out of my profit. So the cost to you will be the same. The first couple of buyers got a little better deal, yes, because they got to keep their set and got a new set. But thats what they get for being first!

If you are partial to your particular set of handles that is not a problem. It will just take a little longer to get the final product to you since I will have to wait to receive yours before I can start working on them.

Thanks to those who have already ordered some. Be sure to post pics of them on your car when you get them!
                      sigpic

Comment

Peterr: I got some free time tonight and got your's done. They should ship out in the morning.

sigpic

Comment

Bump, somebody has to want pop-out windows.

For any one that may not know, these install in a car that didn't originally come with them with no modification. For you guys with no A/C like myself they might good for a few more degrees of coolness!
                          sigpic

Comment

BUMP, Would love to sell these pop-out windows!
                            sigpic

Comment

you have PM
                              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X