This re lit my flame. I want my e30 turbod. 🙌
    My Sig killed itself. :wgaf:

-88 325is Zinnoballer

Comment

bump

7speedshop.com

Comment

Fully loaded

How much would a fully loaded package cost? whats the cheapest you can sell one as well? Saw the video and I am dying for a turbo!

Comment

Originally posted by Evolutione30 View Post
          How much would a fully loaded package cost? whats the cheapest you can sell one as well? Saw the video and I am dying for a turbo!
          Ummm...did you skip the part in the original post where he lists out the pricing?

Comment

I haven't read through the entire thread, but have you test fitted any of this on an M20 E28?

________________________1988 528e Rally-xmobile___________________
            2014 WDCR Rally-X MR Season Champion, 2014 NE Div. Challenge MR Winner

Comment

I have no E28's to test on sadly, willing to make an E28 kit though, only charge pipes would need modifying

7speedshop.com

Comment

Have you or anyone you know actually gone this route? Not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious if you or anyone here has first hand experience with it. It's an intriguing idea.

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
                People need to think out of the box a little here. If AC is such a hold up, convert to an electric compressor setup. You'll still have AC and you'll have turbo, best of both worlds :-)
                http://www.masterflux.com/userimages...MX_Catalog.pdf
                Whatever
                88ix coupe, 89seta turbo sedan

Comment

Is there a ceramic ball bearing option for the turbo?

Have the IX issues been sorted? I need a new exhaust anyways so...why not just turbo it?
                  Last edited by 77320i; 05-07-2014, 08:45 AM.

Comment

no ball bearing option but I can do the billet wheel. Also this still is for non-IX m20 E30's

7speedshop.com

Comment

Cool. Once 77320i has his installed I'll order mine :)
                      I can't have him one-upping me *all* the time.
                      Whatever

Comment

Originally posted by potshot View Post
                        Cool. Once 77320i has his installed I'll order mine :)
                        I can't have him one-upping me *all* the time.
                        Just most of the time ;) I'd say my current 193WHP and 202WTQ M30B35 swap ones up that 88 325ix quite nicely. Especially with that sweet exhaust sound.

Not to mention the Mazdaspeed 3 over your GTi....

Comment

Meh, at least 3 of 3 are on the road, which is better than what, 2 of 5?
                          Get that damn IX on the road, foo!
                          Whatever

Comment

Originally posted by potshot View Post
                            Meh, at least 3 of 3 are on the road, which is better than what, 2 of 5?
                            Get that damn IX on the road, foo!

3 of 5. The e21 runs it's just sitting in storage right now. I've got to get that thing moved so I guess your percentage is higher but we are equal on running cars!

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                              no ball bearing option but I can do the billet wheel. Also this still is for non-IX m20 E30's
                              The only difference you should need for the iX is a different manifold that doesn't interfere with the engine mount arm, and to make sure you aren't getting your turbo feed from the Oil pressure switch location (interferes with steering rack.) Watch the strut tower for interference with WG placement if you add provisions for an external WG.

Downpipe/exhaust may be slightly different for clearance of iX bits, but that should be it.
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                                The only difference you should need for the iX is a different manifold that doesn't interfere with the engine mount arm, and to make sure you aren't getting your turbo feed from the Oil pressure switch location (interferes with steering rack.) Watch the strut tower for interference with WG placement if you add provisions for an external WG.

Downpipe/exhaust may be slightly different for clearance of iX bits, but that should be it.

Yea that bit about the oil pressure switch is dead on. When I was pulling the motor to reseal it that was the most pain in the arse switch to get off. It was way tougher to deal with that my M30B35 swap harness and that thing is right up against the firewall but at least it has access.

Would there be any risk of doing a T off the oil filter housing, like too much pressure or flow risking blowing the turbo seals? I figure if I'm relocating things anyways then I could easily plug into that.

Anyone know of a header that fits an ix and doesn't have an external wastegate setup? I'd like to go with the internal setup and dump it back into the exhaust for that sleeper sound. CXRacing has one but I'm lazy and don't want to weld a stainless plug on it to cover the tube for the external WG.

Comment

Working...
                                X