• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump

7speedshop.com

Comment

e30 vert turbo

Hi Kameron, this is awesome.
      How much is the total cost shipped for your exact setup including meth kit and head studs? I could converse over email you if that is easier. Very interested. I have a 1987 convertible, have you run a turbo kit on a convertible?

Comment

Kit is $3000, Meth setup-$380,Head studs around $250.
        Shipping for the turbo kit is around $200 as well to go across the country as its multiple, large heavy boxes.
        so around $3800 shipped(probably cheaper If I could get your zip code info over message) for a complete turbo kit, plus Meth injection system by Cooling mist w/ solenoid(not the cheap check valve system),and ARP m20 head stud kit

7speedshop.com

Comment

Ok, I'm a far ways off from turboing right now but I have some questions for you. You say your turbo kit costs $3000, does that include the external wastegate? Would you even need an external wastegate if you use something like a bleed valve? What would be a cheaper and slightly smaller alternative to the 20g (used is fine)? Would something like the VF series turbos work?
          Actually no...turbos blow

Comment

Originally posted by NaturallyAspiratedBlows View Post
            Ok, I'm a far ways off from turboing right now but I have some questions for you. You say your turbo kit costs $3000, does that include the external wastegate? Would you even need an external wastegate if you use something like a bleed valve? What would be a cheaper and slightly smaller alternative to the 20g (used is fine)? Would something like the VF series turbos work?
            read the thread, your answers are already answered.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Cost

So if i buy a bog standard 325i and i want to make it minimum 400Bhp, other than your kit what other components would i need?? (i have no modifying experience, complete novice, but very keen to learn.)

what would a rough estimated cost be to get it to 400BHP? including your kit and other additional components (upgraded exhaust, upgraded clutch (if it needs one) etc etc)

could you get it to 400BHP without the Meth? With a surname like Muhammed buying meth in the UK every other day may cause suspicious concerns. Plus i want the easy of just filling up at the regular pump.

Thank you

Comment

I'd highly suggest a built head either from bimmerheads or a DIY built head. HD rocker arms and a better flowing cam make it so much easier to reach 400hp without taking away too much reliability. If your dead set on a 400hp racer, refreshing the whole motor would be good.

Just becasue I havent had a single bottom end failure on the 25yr old OEM setup doesn't mean all other E30's wont, some cars have been neglected and it would be a big plus to know its all fresh.

If you dont run meth I recommend a minimum of 93 octane preferably higher. Meth is just the cheapest/only source of higher than 91 octane where I live.

You'll need beefy clutch for sure; those are around $400. but other than that the car can take it in New/good OEM condition.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Building my bottom end as we speak. Then im going to place an order through you. But im planning e85, 1000cc injecs, splitpulse, and external. Should be fun :)

Comment

What torque figure was the car putting out in Ibs/ft in that video on YouTube??

Comment

It was on a pretty mild timing map and that's the low reading mustang dyno setting.
                      this was the dyno from the day before the shoot.

7speedshop.com

Comment

bump

7speedshop.com

Comment

So once you get the m30 in are you gonna make a kamotors m30 turbo kit? I'd be a buyer on that haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            So once you get the m30 in are you gonna make a kamotors m30 turbo kit? I'd be a buyer on that haha

yup

7speedshop.com

Comment

Awesome... How much power you shooting for.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

bump
                                [IMG]burnout by kamotors@y, on Flickr[/IMG]

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X