NEW V2 c.c turbo kit+Bolt-on M20 turbo Kit by Kamotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
    Also do you guys prefer a straight pipe section off of the throttle body like teh original pics of a 75degree pipe like this?
    I prefer something like this. Fills up that side of the engine bay and doesn't look so "balled."
    Would also save a bit of money by not needing an elbow shaped TB boot.

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

but then you need to relocate power steering res/chop off oem air box bracket, relocate mini fuse area etc. no longer really a bolt on.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I will be getting in touch later in the year for sure :)
        Read your build thread, watched every video of your car I could find, love it!
        $500 '84 325e All Year Beater
        Gunmetal Purple
        390,000 KM's

Comment

no, at 5-7psi its ok on an auto but the auto doesnt like more than 7, it has trouble shifting at more power.
          Have you considered making a stepped down turbo kit for AT cars and or MT cars that just want 5-7 psi?

I would assume you could use a 14B or a 16G, with no intercooler, or a smaller intercooler. Perhaps using DSM parts. This would be cheaper, allow for quicker spool up as well.

Something like the GReddy kit for the Miata.

Comment

I will GLADLY make a lower boost turbo kit, its as simple as telling me you want less power and me supplying a different wastegate.

auto seemed to like 7psi

thing is smaller turbo does not equal cheaper and smaller intercooler also is not much cheaper.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I will supply my auto running 7psi, it was awesome.

Comment

From what ive gathered, i should do some cylinder compression tests, evaluate my heads, and suck up losing my a/c to have even the smaller turbo setup... or go side mount r33 intercooler ..?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Comment

AC is a must here in Texas. Although I did drive my e30 with no AC or a radio for a summer. But I worked in a warehouse with no AC so I wasnt worried about a lil sweat.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

but then you need to relocate power steering res/chop off oem air box bracket, relocate mini fuse area etc. no longer really a bolt on.
                    Though, for the set up I proposed above you wouldn't have to come so far out from the TB towards the strut tower, and you could rotate the BOV 180°.

But, I would vote for the straight pipe as shown in the first pic as this would result in less bends (ie pressure drop) in the intercooler piping.
                    Though most of the pressure drop is seen in the intercooler itself.

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    AC is a must here in Texas. Although I did drive my e30 with no AC or a radio for a summer. But I worked in a warehouse with no AC so I wasnt worried about a lil sweat.
                    I second AC being a must in OK. I would probably have to rethink the intercooler pipe routing to do so.
                    Last edited by Overlord475; 01-20-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I wish some idiot didn't rip out all the ac out of my car. Oh we'll more room for turbo setup.

Comment

Like I said you can likely keep the A/C it will just take some slight mods to my kit.

7speedshop.com

Comment

You can keep the AC. Just bend a few lines.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

On the internally wast gated TD06H-20G option, do you see it as a benefit or detriment having the BOV on the turbo housing?

It would seem that it would be advantageous to locate the BOV after the intercooler where the majority of the pressure drop will be seen? Thoughts?

Though, the purpose of the BOV it protect the turbo and thus would be best placed near the highest pressure (ie near the turbo)

Like I said you can likely keep the A/C it will just take some slight mods to my kit.
                            :up:

About to complete my 2.7i rebuild /swap.

This IS my next purchase. Already have the go-ahead from the mrs.
                            Last edited by Overlord475; 01-20-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

so this kit comes with megasquirt? and if it does, is there a tune out there that's best suited for this setup so I don't have to get it dyno tuned?

Comment

Originally posted by Overlord475 View Post
                                On the internally wast gated TD06H-20G option, do you see it as a benefit or detriment having the BOV on the turbo housing?

It would seem that it would be advantageous to locate the BOV after the intercooler where the majority of the pressure drop will be seen? Thoughts?

Though, the purpose of the BOV it protect the turbo and thus would be best placed near the highest pressure (ie near the turbo)

:up:

About to complete my 2.7i rebuild /swap.

This IS my next purchase. Already have the go-ahead from the mrs.
                                no benefit there other than simplicity and the fact that it works perfect with the turbo and is a very nice unit.
                                Originally posted by henryki View Post
                                so this kit comes with megasquirt? and if it does, is there a tune out there that's best suited for this setup so I don't have to get it dyno tuned?
                                yes comes witha 60lb inj. tune for either wasted spark or single coil. the main benefit is that I know one of the hardest parts of my build was getting stock like driveabilty with big injectors. So my many hours of work and help from whodwho have been turned into a nice safe base tune that get the car running and driving however I still recommend you either street tune or get professionally tuned to suit your car the best. I've personally thrown the tune on 4 car-mines, and 3 customer builds and all but one ran perfect on it, and the other one only needed slight changes.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X