NEW V2 c.c turbo kit+Bolt-on M20 turbo Kit by Kamotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
    I will GLADLY make a lower boost turbo kit, its as simple as telling me you want less power and me supplying a different wastegate.

auto seemed to like 7psi

thing is smaller turbo does not equal cheaper and smaller intercooler also is not much cheaper.
    no doubt. but all things equal, a smaller turbo will get you into boost faster. Also, a smaller and/or no intercooler would save on plumbing simplicity especially for those who want to keep all the accessories. @ 7psi an I/C isn't necessary unless you're in Arizona.

Comment

I have a megasquirt unit, 20lb injectors and a 666 fab manifold adapter. Im not looking to make stupid power at the moment. I am mostly looking to make some power gains obviously but I really want to tune my car to maximize efficiency. And then at a later date build a block that can hold large amounts of boost. Would you be able to give me a price on a kit minus the manifold, computer, and injectors?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

no benefit there other than simplicity and the fact that it works perfect with the turbo and is a very nice unit.
        No question, I like Kinugawa turbo's

Will place an order soon.

Thanks agian

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

yes comes witha 60lb inj. tune for either wasted spark or single coil. the main benefit is that I know one of the hardest parts of my build was getting stock like driveabilty with big injectors. So my many hours of work and help from whodwho have been turned into a nice safe base tune that get the car running and driving however I still recommend you either street tune or get professionally tuned to suit your car the best. I've personally thrown the tune on 4 car-mines, and 3 customer builds and all but one ran perfect on it, and the other one only needed slight changes.
          For sure that's pretty awesome. Is the tune just for a 2.5? My buddy has an 84e that I may potentially buying the block from and throwing an i head on it then this turbo kit, have you tried this setup yet?

Comment

tune only works for "I" motors as thats the only thing the ECU fits. but it works for hybrid 2.7i just fine.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              AC is a must here in Texas. Although I did drive my e30 with no AC or a radio for a summer. But I worked in a warehouse with no AC so I wasnt worried about a lil sweat.
              I have done no a/c in Colorado, Georgia, texas and Las Cruces NM. Ive never really been bothered by it.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrone30 View Post
                I have a megasquirt unit, 20lb injectors and a 666 fab manifold adapter. Im not looking to make stupid power at the moment. I am mostly looking to make some power gains obviously but I really want to tune my car to maximize efficiency. And then at a later date build a block that can hold large amounts of boost. Would you be able to give me a price on a kit minus the manifold, computer, and injectors?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

your going to need bigger injectors, at a minimum 30lbers. I'd Suggest 60lbers though.

PM me for pricing on that stuff.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Some pics of the relocation kit, w/ new fittings to clear the turbo manifold

weld quality

Manifold pops right on. tips for a leak free fit=tighten in proper sequence. Manifold was split and rewelded at its new split dimensions so it fits 100x better than it does out of the box. The new weld is at a spot between gaskets so it does not interfere with any thing. Use OEM gaskets only not cheap ones, also some high temp sealant is recommended but not needed.
                  Manifold is welded inside and out as well near flanges.

flange is quite thick
                  Last edited by kamotors; 01-21-2014, 05:59 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! i cant wait :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by BigtroublesE30 View Post
                      SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! i cant wait :) :)
                      +1

The Tig quality on the manifold looks good too. Looks like your welder knows how to properly set his current. I hate seeing purpled over heated SS. Pickling and passivating does wonders for the longevity of welded stainless

Comment

charge pipes cut today fit nice and snug.(decided to do the angle as it not only looks cleaner but also gives more room in the engine bay to work in it.
                        Keep in mind this was just a test fit or pics of my car so no worries about not matching coupler colors. ALL couplers will be black unless you specify a change in color.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I'm definitely into the idea of getting this for my iX maybe in the summer time or fall. (gotta wait because I'm doing suspension and brakes first) I'll keep checking back for updates on a kit.

Comment

Keep the pic updates coming!

Have you sold many of these yet?
                            Just wondering so that those of us that need to wait a few months can bet on these kits still being available.

Additionally, is the kit going to come with any sort of write up on what you intended for component placement and set up of the system?
                            Last edited by Overlord475; 01-23-2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

turbo came in today, its beautiful, I'll get it clocked correctly and take pics tomorrow. wastgate actuator and BOV are super high quality.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Also saw the turbo, its crazy nice. One day :(

Comment

Working...
                                X