Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garagistic e30 secondary differential mount

Hello,

We wanted to introduce our Secondary diff mount prototype pictures to your guys! Completely cnc machined inhouse from 6061 aluminum. We are just finishing up some test on it as well as a more refined mounting solution to the trunk and they will be ready for release. These can be ordered though the website http://store.garagistic.com/e30-secondary-diff-mount . Kit will include everything needed for install (including a trunk mount bracket).

Black anodized options now available:

These secondary mounts will help eliminate differential movement in high powered e30s (including the guys running our v8 kits). By providing second mount you also take stress off the original single mount. Great for use in track and drift applications as well.

Poly/delrin differential bushings will be an option for those interested.

E30 SECONDARY DIFF MOUNT (DUAL MOUNT CONVERSION) If your E30 is making serious power, your differential is seeing serious loads. That's where the E30 dual mount conversion comes in. An absolute must for V8 swaps. By adding a second mounting point you are effectively spreading the load your stock diff mount and bushing

We were inspired to bring this to market after seeing Frank Macaluso's S62 e30 swap crack the diff cover. His car is in the 400hp range. Below are the pictures of his differential cover.

Machined look
    56.34%
    Tumbled
    43.66%
    Last edited by garagistic; 07-22-2019, 07:56 AM.

Very cool!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

oh yes!

Comment

Awesome!
        1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
        1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
        1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
        E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

GREAT idea. Looks e36ish.

Comment

Don't like the milling lines but who cares no one is going to see it. Cool piece.

My 25 year old original diff bushing has shown zero wear and on all other differential I had bought and removed the covers for my z3m cover had zero wear also.. I would have to see if people with high hp had issues with it before I buy.

Comment

breathtaking
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words.

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
                Don't like the milling lines but who cares no one is going to see it. Cool piece.

My 25 year old original diff bushing has shown zero wear and on all other differential I had bought and removed the covers for my z3m cover had zero wear also.. I would have to see if people with high hp had issues with it before I buy.

Thanks for the feedback! If enough people do not like the machined look we can have them tumbled to eliminate all machine marks. As far as failed mounting points. We actually had been inspired to bring this to market after seeing Frank Macaluso's E30 S62 crack the diff mounting point. His car is around 400hp. Below are the pictures of his differential cover.

Comment

^^ yeah a I see the bushing cracked also around the edge, I don't think yours will ever have that problem as yours is thick and the original seems to be more on weight savings than strength.. thanks

Comment

sub'd
                    - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
                    Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

Please send me one ASAP!! Engine is going in next week...
                      1991 349is (wadded up)
                      1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
                      2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
                      1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                      1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
                      2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

Man, oh man, you guys just keep making me wanna spend money....
                        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

What's the chassis side modification for this?
                          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                            What's the chassis side modification for this?
                            We will include the brackets that would then bolt up to the trunk floor. They will be similar in design to the factory unit on the other side. Pictures to come once we finish refining it. Presale will start next week.

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                              Man, oh man, you guys just keep making me wanna spend money....
                              this
                              M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Working...
                              X