No announcement yet.

Garagistic e30 secondary differential mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, I'll be grabbing this as long as a few other reinforcements. Not sure how I haven't torn the ass out of my car yet.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

We will have the mounts on the website with the presale price this weekend.

Comment

very nice!!!

Comment

Subscribed.
          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Poll has been added to see if people want the machined look or just have them a matte finish (tumbled). Pre-order will start today on the website. We will post a link when they go live. We will also be offering steel version as well.

Comment

Hmm I'm thinking machined doesn't looks bad and less work for you means cheaper for us right? ;D
              IG- nv_e30

Comment

Lookin good my friend

apexgoblin - versteht nicht jeder. Ist auch besser so!

Comment

My only question is how well the bolts would take the lateral forces. It seems like all of the force gets routed through the two bolts.

Guess its hard to design something to deal with forces in all directions thats a bolt on and not a whole new cover lol.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Ill be picking this up when I can, I may see if I can get a go-pro on the stock diff setup and see how much its actually moving. I know with stick tires and +400hp it has to be subjected to some serious loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      My only question is how well the bolts would take the lateral forces. It seems like all of the force gets routed through the two bolts.

Guess its hard to design something to deal with forces in all directions thats a bolt on and not a whole new cover lol.
                      Adding a second mount also halves any force being applied to the mounts.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Looks nice but wouldn't it still be better to use one of the finned 2 ear setups that the E36 chassis had? That's what the Z3M guys use when they fix/upgrade the poor rear end design.

Comment

Officially on the site. Also main post updated with link and more pictures.

E30 SECONDARY DIFF MOUNT (DUAL MOUNT CONVERSION) If your E30 is making serious power, your differential is seeing serious loads. That's where the E30 dual mount conversion comes in. An absolute must for V8 swaps. By adding a second mounting point you are effectively spreading the load your stock diff mount and bushing

Comment

Will they fit on m3 diff cover ?

Comment

I have no use for it but damn that a rad product!

I would rather see a bead blasted finish personally.
                              91 318is M50 swapped
                              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Ordered. Don't care what finish you use.
                                1991 349is (wadded up)
                                1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
                                2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
                                1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                                1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
                                2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

Working...
                                X