Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom DSSR's - Version 3!! Stainless Steel - $60 shipped!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benihana242 View Post
    I'm interested in the M42 solution as well - I currently have the EVO 3 UUC Short shift kit - I'm not sure if this changes what I would need or not.

Please let me know when they'll be available and for how much.
    M42 shouldn't be a problem. I know the older UUC shifters had a really narrow end, but the more recent versions came shipped with some shoulder bushings to make it fit into standard DSSR's, etc. Is that correct?

These bushings with the arrow:

P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

Saw this today and figured you might want to know before ordering a ton of material.

Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

I'm still game to buy one from you if you go forward making them though.
      Last edited by captain awesome; 08-14-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by badwella View Post
        M42 shouldn't be a problem. I know the older UUC shifters had a really narrow end, but the more recent versions came shipped with some shoulder bushings to make it fit into standard DSSR's, etc. Is that correct?

These bushings with the arrow:

I'll have to check. I forget which revision SSK I have - it could be one of the "older" ones as I think it was installed around 03 or 04.

Comment

Originally posted by captain awesome View Post
          Saw this today and figured you might want to know before ordering a ton of material.

Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

I'm still game to buy one from you if you go forward making them though.
          Yeah, I saw those a few weeks ago when they posted on Facebook. I posted an update regarding their product and mine a few posts back. I designed my last iteration of V3 like this back in March but didn't get my prototypes until recently so I didn't post. No one's fault but mine for going slow. Good on them for beating me to the punch.

At the time they were still $80 so I think they saw my price and lowered their price to compete. So, hopefully I helped the E30 community out in that way.

Well, with Garagistic having their product pretty much ready to go I encourage everyone to go with the option that best meets their needs and timeline. This is not my source of income but rather just a hobby. The profit I make goes to new tools to make more stuff.

Comment

Glad to support you if you end up making them!
            - Greg
            α Team Founding Member
            1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
            2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Originally posted by Gregolas View Post
              Ditto. When you are ready, I'll send funds.

Comment

I guess 1988 SETA have a different part# than the 325I?!?! if you make one for the SETA I'll be interested!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregolas View Post
                  Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by e30strokr View Post
                    I guess 1988 SETA have a different part# than the 325I?!?! if you make one for the SETA I'll be interested!!!
                    Same here, do you know if either your 325e or 325i DSSR would work for a SETA?

Comment

I really need one! Finishing up my standard swap this week! PM me and ill buy one !

Comment

Originally posted by e30strokr View Post
                        I believe so. I'm not 100% if this is correct, but most sources I have found say that the SETA still used the dual mass flywheel which would require the deep bellhousing G260. That would make it the same length as the 325e DSSR of 180mm vs the 325i DSSR at 187mm. The 325ix uses a 190mm DSSR.

If that is the case, then I will have no problem making this. I guess an easier way to check is to look for the carrier style for your shifter. The stamped steel one would mean the 180mm and the aluminum version would either indicate the 187mm or 190 mm.

M42 DSSR's are 275mm and I can make that no problem as well.

If this turns out to be the wrong length and you need a different length or custom length DSSR, I will gladly exchange it for the correct unit.

Best regards,

Ben

Comment

Powdercoated my prototype yesterday and will install it this weekend. Everything came out great. I have a new shift rod joint that I use to check fitment for each DSSR before shipping out. It fit snugly with the nylon washers on either side which means no play! Just need to get the 40mm bolts then it'll be ready to go in.

Going to document the steps as well. I receive many questions from guys during the install so I think it'll be worth my time to make a little step by step printout to include with each unit.

Ben

Comment

Very interested. I need a 215mm one (E30 M3).
                            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

My supplier has informed me that he could have the parts cut and bent in a couple weeks, but could possibly get it sooner.

So far, 11 people have expressed interest. Anyone else interested? I am shooting for 15 people to commit for now. Once I have hit that number I will put in my order to my suppliers. It shouldn't take me more than a week or so from when I receive the ends to have them all fabbed up and shipped out.

Thanks to everyone for their support!

Best regards,

Ben
                              Last edited by badwella; 08-17-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by badwella View Post
                                My supplier has informed me that he could have the parts cut and bent in a couple weeks, but could possibly get it sooner.

So far, 11 people have expressed interest. Anyone else interested? I am shooting for 15 people to commit for now. Once I have hit that number I will put in my order to my suppliers. It shouldn't take me more than a week to have them all fabbed up and shipped out.

Thanks to everyone for their support!

Best regards,

Ben
                                I bought your first prototype from the subreddit e30 when you were selling them a while back. It's on my car still and functioning well. I'm interested on your new version with the bend. Could you PM me the price please.

Thanks,
                                HT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                                "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

Comment

Working...
                                X