Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom DSSR's - Version 3!! Stainless Steel - $60 shipped!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post

Also, I like this, but one issue I have seen with other brands, is either a nut wouldn't fit. Or maybe rubbing. Just curious if you have installed pics, I have seen them rub on guibos are maybe the shifter support. Depending what people use.
    Hmm. I haven't had anyone have any issues yet. However, if that does occur, I can get some sort of pin and clip going. It will definitely add cost though.

I'll see if I can get some photos. I had some buyers send me some installed pics a while back, but they may have deleted them off imgur by now.

Best regards,

Ben
    P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

Originally posted by badwella View Post
      Hmm. I haven't had anyone have any issues yet. However, if that does occur, I can get some sort of pin and clip going. It will definitely add cost though.

I'll see if I can get some photos. I had some buyers send me some installed pics a while back, but they may have deleted them off imgur by now.

Best regards,

Ben
      It isn't the guibo- it is the balancer that goes over it. And that is more a product of the short shifter than a DSSR itself. The DSSR might rub but it is due to the angle created by the longer lower section of the shifter.

Removing the balancer (which people do all of the time) alleviates this.
      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Seems like business is good. Can't wait to get mine.

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
          It isn't the guibo- it is the balancer that goes over it. And that is more a product of the short shifter than a DSSR itself. The DSSR might rub but it is due to the angle created by the longer lower section of the shifter.

Removing the balancer (which people do all of the time) alleviates this.
          Yeah, you're right. The 325i cars have interference in 2nd gear if that damper isn't removed.

I thought I stated that somewhere in my original post, but I saw I didn't so it's in there now. If someone prefers not to remove the damper, I can bend the rod to clear.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers,

Ben

Comment

Friday Bump

Comment

Originally posted by badwella View Post
              Friday Bump

I need to get a measurement. I will need one.
              ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Got my DSSR in the mail today and I'm pretty happy with it, definitely the best you can get per price. Even had a little complication and Ben made it right by polishing and clear coating it free of charge along with refunded shipping. Can't wait to get this on my swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	7184152
                  Decided to use a custom made pin instead of the nut and bolt. Fitment is perfect now. Couldnt be happier. Thanks Ben.
                  Last edited by dsphil; 03-05-2016, 03:03 PM.
                  sigpic
                  327is
                  325es
                  325es
                  318is
                  Fiesta ST
                  E46 M3

Comment

Could you do me a few DIY kits? Just need some ends and some rod. Swapping in motors and transmissions into random BMWs means I have to make custom length shifters and this seems like a good way to make that happen.
                    -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
                      Got my DSSR in the mail today and I'm pretty happy with it, definitely the best you can get per price. Even had a little complication and Ben made it right by polishing and clear coating it free of charge along with refunded shipping. Can't wait to get this on my swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the photos! Glad you like it.

Best regards,

Ben

Comment

Oh shoot, sonnnnn!

Got a new toy. I plan to start making stainless versions of my DSSR in the future as well as some other parts for e30's.

Happy Monday everyone!

Comment

So finally got it all in for mock up purposes and got the shifters to length and for a 420g behind a m60. From center of pin to center of pin is 120mm. Tiny I know right.

Comment

Originally posted by WYZEUP View Post
                            So finally got it all in for mock up purposes and got the shifters to length and for a 420g behind a m60. From center of pin to center of pin is 120mm. Tiny I know right.
                            Oh Shit son. I'm in for one of these also. I need one!
                            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by WYZEUP View Post
                              Holy crap! That is small ;)

No problem though. I can do that. Shoot me a PM and we'll get it sorted out.

Best regards,

Ben

Comment

I've decided to put a hold on building any more DSSR's for a while. At least until I reassemble my own E30.

I've enjoyed building these for everyone and hope those who purchased enjoy them for years to come.

When I do start back up, I'll be offering stainless versions and potentially some other e30 parts like brake cooling plates, etc, but for now I need to focus on my family and getting my own car back on the road.

Those who have yet to receive their DSSR's, these will be shipped out this week.

Thanks again to everyone.

Best regards,

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X