No announcement yet.

(Mint) Husco armerest with mounting hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here’s the deal with mounting. The brackets only go on the console one way. Holes are drilled on the passenger side of center console regardless of whether you mount the cup holders facing fore or aft. The top pad and cup holder assembly bolts to the brackets, so it can be oriented either way. My plan is to mount the cup holders facing to the back seat. Here’s why:

The pad and cup holder assembly can slide back and forth for adjustment on the fly. When you have the pad slid all the way forward, the cup holder tray is a couple inches from the shifter when in 4th gear. Like maybe 2 inches or less. When you have the pad slid all the way back you have some more room, but with a cup in the cup holder it would be awkward to shift. Also, no matter what position you have the pad in the cup holder gets in the way of setting the parking brake and the parking brake would also hit the wires that hang down under the cup. So there you have it.

Bottom line is that there’s no ideal way to mount this thing. I’m going to just have the pad slid all the way forward and cup holders facing the rear. Maybe a little awkward to grab the cup, but it’ll work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pad slid all the way back:

Pad slid all the way forward:

Facing backward with pad slid all the way forward:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome job with this write-up and photos...puts to bed a lot of questions about how these are actually supposed to mount and confirms my perception there is no way I good live with this mounted towards the front. Not sure if I'm interested in mounting it towards the rear either after doing a mock up in my car...sucks to reach behind like that...

Comment

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
          Awesome job with this write-up and photos...puts to bed a lot of questions about how these are actually supposed to mount and confirms my perception there is no way I good live with this mounted towards the front. Not sure if I'm interested in mounting it towards the rear either after doing a mock up in my car...sucks to reach behind like that...
          Thanks! It just occurred to me last night that we did this back and forth in a for sale thread. Should still get some exposure if people search I guess. I stand by my offer to buy yours, and I’ll even drive down from Monterey and pick it up since I want to pick up a couple thing from John at Mason Engineering in Simi Valley anyway. No pressure, just giving you an easy out.

Comment

Working...
          X