New bmw e30 hardtop. Almost nos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bmw e30 hardtop. Almost nos.

Currently listening to offers. Current price is at $2,000 USD.

I have a genuine OEM BMW hardtop for any convertible e30 3 series. The top comes from a 1990 and was owned by 2 previous owners. The first owner used the top once in the early 90's for a trip to Florida and stored the top when he got back. He then sold the car and the top to the 2nd owner who then sold me the top. The top was dry stored by the 2 previous owners in their garages. It was never used by the 2nd owner nor by myself as I have a few other tops to use.

The top seems to be in great condition for being 30 years old. It is a little dirty as you can see from the pictures and videos but a quick clean and it can be spotless again.

There are some wet stains from the one time it was used and rained on. Those can be easily removed. There is, however, some light oil stains on the headliner but those will be removed by a professional detailer before the top is sold. The cover for the hardtop is a little dirty and could use a light scrub. It doesn't affect the storage of the hardtop itself.

Those are the issues I see and have noted. Now with the good.

The top's vinyl is in excellent condition. All the panels seem unscratched and just have light dirt or water marks on them. The seals all seem to be there and in good condition. The heat wire and pins seem to be in mint condition as well. The back glass seems spotless and the front tabs and mounts work effortlessly. The headliner is in great shape. I see no visible sag at all and it's even all around.

In resume, this top has been used once. It is very close to museum-quality in my opinion and needs to be seen to be believed. I am only selling it as I have 2 other hardtops and my other cars rarely ever go out, much less in inclement weather. I hope this can go to a garage queen or serious collector or maybe installed on a show car as it's practically brand new.

The hardtop is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It's only less than an hour away from New-York state and about a few hours away from Vermont and Michigan. I am open to shipping within reason upto ghe American border. The buyer can pay for additional shipping if they wish.

Price: Open to offers. Pm me if serious. Highest offer takes it. Currently priced at $2,000 USD.

I believe the price is fair given the condition and rarity of a finding a 30+ year old top in this condition. I will be negotiable depending on the popularity of the item. Thanks

PS: the top never touched the ground. It was atleast 2 inches off the ground with towels everywhere to ensure it stays spotless.

Attached Files
    Last edited by RedSpyder; 06-02-2019, 08:47 PM. Reason: Better description

Bump. I've put a better description including pictures. I have videos of the latches working fine and a video of the headliner but R3v won't let me post them. Send me a private message if you're serious and I can send you the videos.

THE LAST PICTURE ISN'T OF THE ACTUAL HARDTOP. IT WAS A PIC OFF GOOGLE TO GIVE AN EARLIER EXAMPLE.

Thanks
    Last edited by RedSpyder; 06-01-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

That headliner does indeed look pristine, and it's tan which folks with natur, red or pearl beige interiors will certainly appreciate. You appear to have some hand print stains on it though. I personally would not risk trying to remove them, but it's an issue for the right buyer.

Note that the headliner seals are now NLA, so if the seals are in good shape, not dried out that's a huge bonus.

For folks considering the price as too high, I paid $1500 for mine, $1100 for the seals, more $$ for the tool, cover, little doors and new pins, and still had to repair the headliner as well (new foam backing, trial and error with the right cement etc. NOBODY has a decent headliner on their hardtop, and most I've seen have either removed it completely or replaced the original fabric with non-OEM cloth.

Transport is always the issue.. I ended up driving to Toronto in my convertible to pick mine up. Ottawa's a haul for most people.

I genuinely wish you luck. If you're patient I'm sure you'll get a fair offer.

Also FYI to any prospective buyer (or the seller) - I have a wall mount OEM roof rack for the hardtop that I am willing to part with.
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
        That headliner does indeed look pristine, and it's tan which folks with natur, red or pearl beige interiors will certainly appreciate. You appear to have some hand print stains on it though. I personally would not risk trying to remove them, but it's an issue for the right buyer.

Note that the headliner seals are now NLA, so if the seals are in good shape, not dried out that's a huge bonus.

For folks considering the price as too high, I paid $1500 for mine, $1100 for the seals, and still had to repair the headliner as well (new foam backing, trial and error with the right cement etc. NOBODY has a decent headliner on their hardtop, and most I've seen have either removed it completely or replaced the original fabric with non-OEM cloth.

Transport is always the issue.. I ended up driving to Toronto in my convertible to pick mine up. Ottawa's a haul for most people.

I genuinely wish you luck. If you're patient I'm sure you'll get a fair offer.

Also FYI to any prospective buyer (or the seller) - I have a wall mount OEM roof rack for the hardtop that I am willing to part with.
        Hi Bradnic, I am having a professional detailer look at the stains in detail next week. If he can't absolutely remove them confidently without damaging the headliner, then I will adjust the price. I am also negotiable and willing to do a roadtrip and drive the top to the right buyer.

The pictures are just an idea but they really do it no justice. I may have to take new ones.

As for the price, I am negotiable within reason and willing to take offers. The only people who have trolled this ad weren't serious at all nor did they ever read the full post.

I feel that with all that's being offered and done, including being open to offers, critics are being unreasonable. Just my 2 cents. Have a nice day!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

Price

It should be the first or last thing you say in an ad. I actually cannot see the price. Might be blind and it seems crazy that people are commenting wherever it is fair price. What is the price?? :)))
          Last edited by Thunderzol; 06-02-2019, 08:35 PM. Reason: Misspelled

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderzol View Post
            It should be the first or last thing you say in an ad. I actually cannot see the price. Might be blind and it seems crazy that people are commenting wherever it is fair price. What is the price?? :)))
            If you read the ad, it says I'm currently looking at offers. :)

Comment

Originally posted by RedSpyder View Post
              If you read the ad, it says I'm currently looking at offers. :)
              Neat part. Sorry.....but you need a price if you want to list it here on r3v.

Rules
              "In case the point was not made, everything being sold must include a price and as many pictures as possible.
              -This is not eBay or Craigslist"
              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                Neat part. Sorry.....but you need a price if you want to list it here on r3v.

Rules
                "In case the point was not made, everything being sold must include a price and as many pictures as possible.
                -This is not eBay or Craigslist"
                It's been updated.

Comment

Awesome. I'd have hated to see a neat part get the ninja delete.

Fair price as well.
                  ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by RedSpyder View Post
                      Hi Bradnic, I am having a professional detailer look at the stains in detail next week. If he can't absolutely remove them confidently without damaging the headliner, then I will adjust the price. I am also negotiable and willing to do a roadtrip and drive the top to the right buyer.

The pictures are just an idea but they really do it no justice. I may have to take new ones.

As for the price, I am negotiable within reason and willing to take offers. The only people who have trolled this ad weren't serious at all nor did they ever read the full post.

I feel that with all that's being offered and done, including being open to offers, critics are being unreasonable. Just my 2 cents. Have a nice day!

The problem with the stain being removed is the foam and fabric being 30 yrs old. It might separate with the cleaning. Just a warning to consider. The glue might give depending on the method used.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
                        The problem with the stain being removed is the foam and fabric being 30 yrs old. It might separate with the cleaning. Just a warning to consider. The glue might give depending on the method used.
                        That has already been taken into account. I'll have to see with the detailer in person. At this point, it does not seem as serious.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Just curious, what would shipping cost to the west coast US?
                            Thanks

Comment

I'm currently working with a shipper who may bring it to San Diego this August. It's about 800-1000$ USD.

Comment

Working...
                              X