Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont buy from Dmess..... Ask me Why!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont buy from Dmess..... Ask me Why!!!!!!

Hey guys, this happened on bimmerforums. I just want to keep this from happening again.......... Mod's please do not delete this. Thanks

A friend of mine outofsight m3 bought a set of schrick cams for s52 form dmess. here is the thread.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=965351

He bought them on 4/23 and got them a week later. his car was impounded for racing so he posted them for sale a couple of days later. [/COLOR]
    I bought them on 5/14 and recieved them on 5/16. I opened the box at 10:56am and found most of the lobes to be rounded or flat. I sent a message to outofsight m3 (mat) and told him what I found. He forwarded my message to Dmess and refunded my money for the cams.

Message I sent to the guy just now: First, I would like you to call me as soon as you read this. I can care less what time it is. The reason for this Pm is b.c I was supposed to install the cams but I got arrested for street racing. THUS, I had to sell the cams and MAF. They were just sitting in my draw until I sold them which was Tuesday.

Now, They just got to the buyers house and he is flipping out on my saying that the cams are messed up. His exact message:

"""Hey, both of these cams are trashed, intake and exhaust have flat spots on the lobes, they were installed dry or mistimed. not sure who installed them but if you were to put these in your motor they would destroy it with metal shavings. . this is not a shipping related damage. let me know what you want me to do, I need a refund for the cams. thanks matt"""

Lastly. There are one of two things to be done. Either you grant me my refund and I send you back the items. Or you grant this guy the refund and he sends you back the items.

Regardless you got to call me

Here is his responce:Ah i sent you perfect condition Shrick cams and i looked in the thread that you were selling them and you were showing everyone the lobes in how perfect condition there were. I do not know what you are trying to pull were but i am not dumb. and also i looked on that thread and that m4tt guy that you sold them to. well i guess you sent that out like 5/14 maybe if you were lucky and then he sends me a pm 2 days later saying these cams are crap. Ah no cause i know you would have not 2 day aired them and it would take like 5 days to get to New York to ATL. Ok now stop with the paypal stuff cause you are a liar.

I did a little search on his threads and found where he admits to installing the cams wrong and bending all the valves. I sent him a message letting him know the cams were trashed when he mistimed his motor

My message: How can you tell Outofsight m3 the cams were perfect! He may not know how to tell but I can.... look at the tracking info.. I got the cam's at 10:45on the 16th and they were shipped on 5-14, I posted the cams were bad 7min after I recieved them. You ripped him off and you know it!

And his responce: i do not know what you guys are trying to pull here because those cams were in perfect condition when i sold them to him. how can you say that he didn't do something to them once he got them. and when i stalled them into my car i had a mechanic of 20 years helping me out the whole way. we did everything in how we were suppose to. so you guys stop wasting my time i have better things to do. ah like getting ready for the fucking marines. GET OFF MY BACK!

Here is the thread where he was asking about the bent valves

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=903781

He has admitted to mistiming his motor and bending the valves. he has pawned his mistake on someone who had no idea what to look for. Well it’s pretty Clear....

Go to this link

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...4&postcount=50

this post is mine, look at the pictures. I will be posting high res pics later tomorrow.

Matt
    Last edited by m4tt; 05-23-2008, 07:26 PM.

transaction feedback forum?

Comment

close to proper spelling? sentence structure?

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
        close to proper spelling? sentence structure?
        Yeah, didn't follow this one.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I'm not going to ask, I'll just take your word for it. Thanks.
          - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
          Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

It was kinda hard to follow but it seems to me like you have pretty good proof that he is shady as hell. I'd say if he keeps acting like that, pursue it legally. Screw him.
            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
              It was kinda hard to follow but it seems to me like you have pretty good proof that he is shady as hell. I'd say if he keeps acting like that, pursue it legally. Screw him.
              Did you drop it into an online translator somewhere or did you take some "reading comprehension FTW" classes I missed? I gave up reading it halfway through.

Tim

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
              MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
              | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Originally posted by VacMan View Post
                Did you drop it into an online translator somewhere or did you take some "reading comprehension FTW" classes I missed? I gave up reading it halfway through.

Tim

Read it under the assumption that all the quote boxes got stolen. It's a few different convo's pasted together, with the OP's statment at the end.

Online Translator

Dude one sold cams to dude two, dude two got his m3 impounded, sold parts recieved days earlier from dude one. Dude three bought cams from dude two in unopened box at dude two's shipping in same box, unchecked with reposted pictures. Dude three opens box, sees fucked up shit, 7 min later posts about said fucked up shit. Dude three tells dude two about fucked up shit. Dude two trys to contact dude one, who says parts are good, dude three finds dude one's post about improper installation of cams prior to sale. Dudes two and three say "don't buy from dude one"

/end

Comment

Caveat Emptor.

It's too removed now to pursue action against dude one. Dude two refunded money to dude three which is an acceptance of liability as the "fucked up shit" was officially dude twos at that point and as far as court is concerned dude two was responsible for the aforementioned shit.

Don't buy from dude one.
                  '74 2002 - Build blog at
                  nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                    Read it under the assumption that all the quote boxes got stolen. It's a few different convo's pasted together, with the OP's statment at the end.

Online Translator

Dude one sold cams to dude two, dude two got his m3 impounded, sold parts recieved days earlier from dude one. Dude three bought cams from dude two in unopened box at dude two's shipping in same box, unchecked with reposted pictures. Dude three opens box, sees fucked up shit, 7 min later posts about said fucked up shit. Dude three tells dude two about fucked up shit. Dude two trys to contact dude one, who says parts are good, dude three finds dude one's post about improper installation of cams prior to sale. Dudes two and three say "don't buy from dude one"

/end
                    Thank you for the translation.

Comment

that really sucks - I know cam break in takes a specific proceedure, but if you follow the instructions it comes with even half assed it would be pretty hard to mess it up. It sounds like the guy must have stuck them in the car and immediately went driving and beating the shit out of it..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

This dude has no clue what the first dude said about the other two dudes but I tell you what homeland security has to be told about this. seems like orange threat shit to me.

Comment

bordering into red even..

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            that really sucks - I know cam break in takes a specific proceedure, but if you follow the instructions it comes with even half assed it would be pretty hard to mess it up. It sounds like the guy must have stuck them in the car and immediately went driving and beating the shit out of it..

He said in one of his post that he tried to make cam blocks to install his cams and made them wrong. 1100.00 set of cams, cannot afford 50.00 tool!

Sorry guys, I copied it from bimmerforums, must be broken links and tags. Should be fixed now.
                            thanks

Comment

wasnt that hard to understand, and matt that really blows!

Comment

Working...
                              X