M42 and g240 - last call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 and g240 - last call

Last call anyone need a m42 drivetrain, removed from running '91 318is with 244K on working odometer and original clutch? Come pick it up in Burnt Hills, NY. $100 for motor and $100 for trans. $150 takes both including driveshaft.
    Last edited by dmanb2b; 08-29-2019, 11:24 AM.
    1991 318is
    2004 330ci
    2011 335d

Great price, just sold mine (granted along with some other parts, driveshaft, etc.) for $450
    91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

Comment

why are all these on the east coast? glws
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
        why are all these on the east coast? glws
        Thank you! Thankfully looks like I have a buyer lined up. Crazy, running motor and practically giving it away
        1991 318is
        2004 330ci
        2011 335d

Comment

$150 for a running engine. trans and driveshaft
          1991 318is
          2004 330ci
          2011 335d

Comment

East coast? Why are all these up north? Lol I can’t seem to find one in the south that somebody’s not trying to get $800 for.
            DENY IGNORANCE!
            Schwarz 325-totaled
            brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
            don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Still available? Are they mated? I might just want the tranny but for $50 more..... What is the status of the motor minus high mileage?

Comment

Originally posted by dlmrun2002 View Post
                Still available? Are they mated? I might just want the tranny but for $50 more..... What is the status of the motor minus high mileage?
                Yup still available. Pick-up in Burnt Hills, NY. Motor was running (have video somewhere) and car was driving OK. Original clutch, so that's shot, but otherwise shifted OK. IMO the motor needs full reseal, plugs maybe coils, etc. Knowing I was going to pull it out I decided to 24v swap instead of investing in the m42. You can check my build thread for condition of car it came from. We did not check compression before pulling.
                1991 318is
                2004 330ci
                2011 335d

Comment

Bueller? Anyone...shit next step may be free
                  1991 318is
                  2004 330ci
                  2011 335d

Comment

Someone else in NY state is/was also trying to sell an M42 on here, and ended up reducing it to free, maybe you shoud PM him and see if he had any interest in your neck of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by dmanb2b View Post
                      Bueller? Anyone...shit next step may be free
                      I mean I don't really need another spare m42 especially since this is really high mileage, but if it's free I definitely would grab it.
                      -Dee
                      5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                      IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post

I mean I don't really need another spare m42 especially since this is really high mileage, but if it's free I definitely would grab it.
                        $100 for it all. Motor, Trans and Harness, as pictured
                        1991 318is
                        2004 330ci
                        2011 335d

Comment

Bump...$100
                          1991 318is
                          2004 330ci
                          2011 335d

Comment

still interested, still across the country. I might be able to use the engine harness/sensors and possibly the trans... Any idea about splitting up and shipping those parts to 80917?
                            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                              still interested, still across the country. I might be able to use the engine harness/sensors and possibly the trans... Any idea about splitting up and shipping those parts to 80917?
                              Certainly...sorry shop has been really busy. If no local takers, I am going to donate it to them, let them part it out and will share contact details.
                              1991 318is
                              2004 330ci
                              2011 335d

Comment

Working...
                              X