OEM E30 Hard Top F/S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM E30 Hard Top F/S

Selling the hard top from my E30 convertible. It's an original BMW part in excellent condition. Description first, pictures to follow.

I purchased the hard top in 2018 for 2K and later had a new OEM style headliner installed. Also repaired the glass defroster and it works well. The glass is in excellent condition as are all the seals. The top material is excellent with just a couple of little nicks (pictures show).

The headliner people put a bit of insulation in as well (DynaMat), so it is very quiet and keeps heat in well in the winter time. My experience has been that the car actually does feel stiffer with it installed too (my car also has upper and lower front braces), and compared to the soft top the noise is way down and the climate control performance is much better. Highly recommend for those that drive their verts in winter.

It includes the two little covers that cover the rear attaching pegs/bolts when installed. The front catches are in excellent condition and work perfectly.

Price reduced: $2,200 . I'm in Asheville, NC and can deliver the top within two hours driving time (including Charlotte). Otherwise local pick-up, unless you want to look at shipping via freight but that could be pricey.

Thanks!
    Patrick
    Last edited by Pwalsh53; 12-12-2019, 07:21 AM.

Here is a link with some pictures of the hard top on the car. Hoping to post pics of it off the car after Thanksgiving.

EDIT: The link below now includes comprehensive pictures (Dec 5th)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14f...-3JAYud9iCDLhU

Thanks!
    Patrick
    Last edited by Pwalsh53; 12-05-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

looks like your headliner is in excellent condition. that's a strong plus. you need better pics though to get anywhere in the range you're asking. as to the trim covers and tools, they are still available from BMW new at reasonable cost. there is also an OEM storage cover still available, and the rear class. The seals themselves are NLA though.

Good luck.
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Ouch that's steep.
        "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
        -Mario Andretti.

1991 E30 325ic, AW, Black Leather, Black top, Three Pedals.

Comment

These tops are expensive, 2500 is not to steep IMO, I have not seen any sold prices recently, but i do see them offered up between 1800-2200. Wish I could afford one.

Comment

Originally posted by M_3_X View Post
            Ouch that's steep.
            Seems like hardtop prices are going up all around, this one is a clean example though so I can see it selling close to the asking price. You'll still find some out there for cheap though. Just depends what you're looking for and what's available.
            sigpic

Comment

Appreciate the feedback, hoping to get some more and better pictures tomorrow. I paid 2K for the top a year ago and it needed a headliner and defroster repaired. Had to rent a UHaul to drive to FL and back to get it. These are hard to come by, and a pain to ship. Between the new headliner, sound deadening and repaired defroster, I feel 2500 delivered within 2 hours is a fair price. It is somewhat negotiable, particularly if I can get it gone by Christmas (with or without the car).

Patrick

Comment

Here is the first round of pics (same as on GDrive link above). Will post more better pics soon. Thanks! Car is for sale too btw =)

Patrick

Comment

These are worth it. Supreme example GLWS!
                  Darien
                  1974 2002 "Careen"
                  1988 325i vert "Serene"
                  1994 Ferrari 348 spider "Fiora"

Comment

OK, I took a bunch more and better pictures today. Uploaded the high resolution ones to the Google Drive link above, but here it is again https://drive.google.com/open?id=14f...-3JAYud9iCDLhU

For anyone interested: I can deliver it up to 2 hours from Asheville NC. I am willing to ship it as long as the buyer takes care of everything. I'm not going to be crating it up. If you have someone come pick it up, or give me a place to drop it off to have it shipped, great! Otherwise local pickup/delivery.

I'll be in Asheville until December 19th, then gone for two weeks. Will let it go for $2,200

EDIT: I also put it on eBay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/E30-BMW-Con...t/202843682575

Thanks!
                    Patrick
                    Last edited by Pwalsh53; 12-12-2019, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Bump, price reduced to $2200.

Comment

Price reduced $2000.

Comment

Pm

Comment

How much are you selling the car with out the top for.

Comment

I’m interested but not sure who I’d contact to get it shipped to Texas. Hmm..any idea?

Comment

Working...
                              X