Thanks in advance.
WTB: Houndstooth Rear Seats For M3
Collapse
X
-
-
It's pretty easy to weed out scammers in your PMs.
Just ask some questions about their E30 and make a quick conversation. You'll know pretty quickly if they're a fellow enthusiast or just a scammer.
If you're still not sure you can ask for specific details/pictures of the parts.
I've never been scammed on here, and I've bought plenty of bits for my E30 which wouldn't have been easy to come by any other way.Comment
-
i can spot them a mile away. that's not the issue. being bombarded with a bunch of spam messages, unnecessarily, is the issue. out of every 20 spam message, i maybe had one, single, legitimate response. not worth it, any longer.

Comment
-
I've never been scammed, but the amount of scam PMs I'm getting are insane. I'll ask for detailed photos of what I'm looking for and I receive a photo of a completely different item. I'm pissed off that these people have my cell # & email.sigpic
1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
1991 318is - Sold
1986 325 - Sold
Instagram - LamoursumComment
-
Agreed it is frustrating.
For me it is worth navigating these false PMs as sourcing local parts for my E30 is often impossible. This makes r3v a valued resource to keep my car on the road.
-
If it's any consolation, the forum staff is actively taking measures to reduce the spam from bots.
Just this week James (forum admin) added another tier of forum spam prevention software.
On a personal note, if you send me a PM with any of these scammers usernames, I would be happy to ban them.Comment


Comment