WTB: rubber seal for Weismann hardtop for my cabriolet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: rubber seal for Weismann hardtop for my cabriolet

Back in the day one had 2 options if they wanted a hardtop for their vert. The BMW OEM hardtop was black with a textured feel and the Weismann was color matched to the color of the car.
    I have a white top on my cabrio and the seal is failing.
    Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by Stan View Post
    Back in the day one had 2 options if they wanted a hardtop for their vert. The BMW OEM hardtop was black with a textured feel and the Weismann was color matched to the color of the car.
    I have a white top on my cabrio and the seal is failing.
    Any help is appreciated.
    i have read about this issue elsewhere.

you might be able to source one through schmeidmann. it will be NOS if they have it. weismann still exists as a company but i think they are a bespoke custom builder now. it might still be worthwhile to reach out to them on a longshot.

had always thought they both used a bmw gasket. surprised when i read about it. a friend had a weismann top and i always thought it was oem bmw until he set me straight. he sold the car a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post

i have read about this issue elsewhere.

you might be able to source one through schmeidmann. it will be NOS if they have it. weismann still exists as a company but i think they are a bespoke custom builder now. it might still be worthwhile to reach out to them on a longshot.

had always thought they both used a bmw gasket. surprised when i read about it. a friend had a weismann top and i always thought it was oem bmw until he set me straight. he sold the car a while ago.
      The strange thing is, the bespoke car builder is Weismann and the tag in my hardtop is Wiesmann.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

The strange thing is, the bespoke car builder is Weismann and the tag in my hardtop is Wiesmann.
        pretty sure they built the tops before they built entire cars. they still use bmw running gear so there must still be an affiliation.

Comment

Working...
        X