Sunroof gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroof gates

My desert spec sunroof gates have failed me. Looking for a pair of gates that aren’t cracked and hopefully have some years left in them. I already bought new cables and all other available parts hoping to not do this again anytime soon.

Do you have a pic of a part/s you need?

Comment

Apparently Pelican parts marks items available that aren’t actually available. Therefore I am still in need of a good pair of sunroof gates

Comment

I feel for you. This is a delicate part &tough to find. A lot of guys rip it out to make a race car lighter.

I rebuilt my sunroof a while back & got very familiar with the system. (Took it apart like 6 different times lol)

Eventually sourced these arms on ebay. I bought a lot with some other stuff I didn’t need, just for these arms.

one thing I learned—e28 & maybe other models from the era shared the same internal mechanisms.

GL!
        1989 325is ✨

Comment

I also went through this with a sunroof that had completely broken. Wound up keeping an eye out on ebay for a clean set for around 6 months and eventually found an uncracked pair. Patience is key to find a set worth buying.

Comment

Here’s something else that I am running into now. My car is a late model E30. The set I got was from an E28…. ALMOST identical except for this one part which engages the arm attached to the stock wind deflector. I’m still working out how I can modify it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9597.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	10117054
            1989 325is ✨

Comment

Update: available now?

Right: https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...-1-941-322-BOE

Left: https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...-1-941-321-BOE
              1989 325is ✨

Comment

Working...
              X