WTB: Front Right Fender in Diamanten-Schwartz-Metallic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Front Right Fender in Diamanten-Schwartz-Metallic

Hi... as shown in the title, I need a front right fender in Diamanten Schwartz Metallic. Mine has a fist sized dent in the very front, courtesy of my wife. I still love her because she puts up with my BMW addiction.

Prefer to pickup in the Bay Area, and I don't want to pay a lot - normally I would get this from the picknpull but lately there are no D*Schwartz cars.

Also I can trade one that I got in regular Schwartz (that just doesn't match enough) if you are interested. Also the paint can be somewhat faded on the fender, as long as there are not dings or dents or oxidation.

If you know any leads on where to get one, PM me. If someone is parting out a whole car and has a non-oxidiized hood and trunk also, I might be interested.
    '86 325 original owner for 20 years * SOLD *
    '86 325es * SOLD *
    '05 Honday Odyssey Minivan.

Wouldn't paintles dent removal be cheaper and easier?
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know. I don't care too much about the paint, because I will need a paint job soon anyway. Every body shop I have gone too has quoted me
      $200 to $300 to fix it -- that's why I haven't done it.

It seems easier to replace the whole fender given I now know how to do the fender swap and the going rate for fenders is usalll less than $50 and certainly less than $100. Now I could take the fender off and try to beat it back from the other side with a mallet or hammer, but it is in their pretty good. The post in the hospital garage was pretty solid I guess

'86 325es * SOLD *

Comment

A good paintless guy can do that. I had one that was about that bad (maybe worse casue mine was right on the crease) and he was able to get it out 100%. He did mine for cheap (less than your fender price) casue he is a friend of a friend, but I'm sure if you call a few places and tell them your not too worried about the paint then you could get it done for cheap.
        sigpic

Comment

RWard325 used to be a dentless paint removal guy :shock: He rarely posts here cause his job takes 120% of his time. I'll ask him to look at this thread and tell you if it can be removed 100% and for how much.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

OK thanks if he is Bay Area that would be great. My kid learned to ride a bike this week at only 3.5 years old -- but he scraped my neighbour's e46 ever so slightly so I might have him look at that too if he wants to come out. And my neighbour is kind of obsessive about every little ding that goes into his e46- has already used a paintless dent guy once and will proably again...
            '86 325es * SOLD *

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink
              RWard325 used to be a dentless paint removal guy.
              Is that someone that removes your paint but leaves the dent? Sweet ;)

James

Comment

Working...
              X