Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cts and pigtail needed!!

i need a three prong coolant temp sensor and pig tail
    one of my pins are damaged and has created an open circuit, so im running pig rich and keep fouling my plugs, i checked the local yards and cant find one.
    its a m20b25 with i harness, sensor has black connector
    please help me out guys
    thanks
    chris

Are you sure it is a temp sensor? All i motors have two temp sensors near the thermostat and the color of the one connector is blue and the other is brown and they both are part of the fuel injector harness.
    The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

its not the brown one, thats the switch correct for cold start?
      its the one closer to the injectors, i thought the connector was black
      i maybe wrong but it has three terminals

Comment

just confirmed its a black coolant temp sensor with three terminals
        but its only using the brown (ground) and brown with red (signal)
        my terminal is damaged so i want to get a new one

im looking up replacement parts on pelican and realoem and they are only showing 2 terminal sensors brown and blue
        i guess i need the blue one
        but can anyone tell me why i have three terminals on mine possible PO doing his own work?
        Last edited by 325est13psi; 09-20-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I have a harness I can cut out a black three prong connector if you want that. It is from an 88 seta motor, but the connector is not for the temp sensor. I wonder if your motor is from a five series or something and that sensor would be so too.
          The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

oh this gets better and better, well the motor that this harness is on is a 2.7 not seta anyways
            can i cut and swap to a 2 pin connector and sensor?
            are the seta and I coolant temp sensors resistances diff?
            im just trying to keep this thing going untill i get my vems put together

Comment

The seta is basically an i head on an e block so the coolant sensors are the same as for the i. The e has more sensors. You can't run an e motor with an i harness. I guess you had better figure out what you have there.

Comment

you can buy brand new pins and connectors on mouser.com for like $10..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                X