WTB: DECENT mtech II rep kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: DECENT mtech II rep kit

I know, I know. Flame away. But I don't want to spend that kind of money just to have an "authentic" kit.

Someone out there has to be familiar with a decent replica kit. I'm putting it on the vert anyway, so I'll have to get replica sideskirts - can't find oem cabbie sideskirts anywhere.

So, if you know of a good fitting, not cheaply made kit, let me know. Again, this is for a vert - so if it's vert specific, even better.

Thanks!

Dear Scott,

Please no.

Otherwise you'll be in the pen15 club

Thanks,
    Chris
    Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
      Dear Scott,

Please no.

Otherwise you'll be in the pen15 club

Thanks,
      Chris
      They aren't THAT bad. I'd just rather spend my money on the drivetrain, suspension, etc.

Not to mention not being able to get a hold of a real one anyways.

Comment

You could buy OEM side skirts if you wanted to....

I was thinking about importing a kit over but I'm sitll considering it...

What are you looking to spend?

Comment

The replicas are not that bad. Just the door pannels are often wavy.

Sold it.

Comment

Eurostyle.

Comment

I don't know but i want some damn mtech II sides. wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian3
                You could buy OEM side skirts if you wanted to....

I was thinking about importing a kit over but I'm sitll considering it...

What are you looking to spend?
                I'd want to be at the $1000 mark at the most I think. I can't bring myself to spend more on some friggin plastic pieces when I could spend that on an M50 swap, and other goodies.

I may just have to wait, I don't know.

Comment

Scott,

If you insist on doing this, I won't let you have the car. ;-)

Seriously, there was a RoyalBlau M-Tech II Cab in Total Bmw a while back - not a good look.
                  Current Cars
                  2014 M235i
                  2009 R56 Cooper S
                  1998 M3
                  1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                    Eurostyle.
                    located in T.O, Canada

Comment

Well the problem with your limit is shipping costs (if they are or are not included)

I think if I do import a kit over, I'm going to have Tj fit it to his car and see how it is.... because he is a perfectionist...

How about a used M-Tech I kit? Without eurobumpers ofcourse.... that should be under $1k (without shipping)

Comment

Installation is just as important as the quality of the kit itself. I have seen the exact same Eurostyle kit fitted horribly on some cars, and look absolutely flawless on others. Do not order a replica unless you have a very good body shop to install it for you, but if you do, then by all means go right ahead. Its not as bad as people say.
                        1990 325ix

Comment

Originally posted by SebSter
                          Installation is just as important as the quality of the kit itself. I have seen the exact same Eurostyle kit fitted horribly on some cars, and look absolutely flawless on others. Do not order a replica unless you have a very good body shop to install it for you, but if you do, then by all means go right ahead. Its not as bad as people say.
                          That silver cabby on 18" chrome wheels that showed up at the cruise looks amazing, but again, it was done professionally.

Comment

The first kit I sold went for 1100. The second went for 1200. Those were complete with wings. Only things needed were plastic clips from the dealer. The shipping IS going to kill you unless you find the sale of the century. 300 to 400 or more depending. I should charge more for shipping because its a ROYAL pain in the ass.
                            I just sold a complete mtech I kit with bumpers and euro headlights/grills and steering wheel for 1000 shipped. I had considerably less in that than I do the mtech II kits cause here in Germany everyone wants them and knows what they have when they have it. Hope this info helps ya out.... Good luck.

Comment

I bet the money you save buying a replica kit you easily end up spending having a body shop put it on. if you don't want to "waste" money on buying the real thing why not leave the car alone for now?
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X