No announcement yet.

WTB: DECENT mtech II rep kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does a shipped-to-the-USA mtec2 kit usually run? $1500?
    Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
    '99 M3 / Track Car
    '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
    '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

Mmirror..... thats what the 4dr one I just sold is going to run. If you can find them in the states they go for that much also. If not a hair more.

Comment

mtech II sides needed. aspapspasp

Comment

Tony... you don't wanna pay for them. Trust me on that one..... shit if I could find anything from an mtech II that wasn't expensive I'd snatch it up..... I tried parting a kit together last week.... it cost just about what I sold this kit for at my price..... then I'd have to add some to it to make it worth while.

Max

Comment

Originally posted by nando
            I bet the money you save buying a replica kit you easily end up spending having a body shop put it on. if you don't want to "waste" money on buying the real thing why not leave the car alone for now?
            You may be right. Davelength's car is my admitted inspiration. I just pictured the car with the mtech 2 kit and it seemed to fit in my head. But, I can just as easily rock the plastics with the rear skirt fitted from a coupe. The car looks amazing as is, why mess with it, I guess?

Dave - I'd love to see pics, to help me see where you're coming from :) Rob S's car is beautiful, albeit a lighter blue.

Mtech 1 doesn't jive with me on a drop top. That euro bumpered montrealblau with blue top in the wheels post does look good though...

Comment

Nothing wrong with a good fitting replica kit. I sold my original and kept the replica because it was a waste of money putting something on the car that would have looked the same.

Had a look over the kit and i cant find a manufacturers name on it, thought it might have had something somewhere :( Sorry i cant help, but dont listen to those guys, my kit has fooled many people both online and in person. They can look just as good as the real thing :)
              Just a little project im working on
              - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatter
                Nothing wrong with a good fitting replica kit. I sold my original and kept the replica because it was a waste of money putting something on the car that would have looked the same.

Had a look over the kit and i cant find a manufacturers name on it, thought it might have had something somewhere :( Sorry i cant help, but dont listen to those guys, my kit has fooled many people both online and in person. They can look just as good as the real thing :)
                Holy crap - that's not a real kit? No idea who made it? Is it fiberglass?

I've got an awesome body guy - he's a perfectionist, and he's done some insane work. I'd trust him with even a low quality kit - he'd make it look amazing.

Comment

"decent mtechII rep kit"

what an oxymoron

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                    "decent mtechII rep kit"

what an oxymoron

Looks a shitload better than your pink eye, captain :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik

Looks a shitload better than your pink eye, captain :)
                      You should see it in person . . .

Actually, except for his mirrors, it isn't too bad.

(FREE PREVIEW: Heeters next post will be about how he doesn't care about its appearance.)
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                        You should see it in person . . .

Actually, except for his mirrors, it isn't too bad.

(FREE PREVIEW: Heeters next post will be about how he doesn't care about its appearance.)
                        :rofl: fuck, that was good. First I read the Heeter preview, and start laughing. Then I scroll down and see your new sig - which just made things worse :)

Teddy bear racing...glad I'm taking that cabbie out of danger :)

PS - what about the mirrors?

Comment

No it is a replica and yes it is fibreglass.

As for, in person? heh, yeah, it looks just as good in person as it does in the photos :) I had all the original trim pieces and compared them to the shape of the bits on there (mainly the door pieces i was concerned about) and they arent any different. The proof is in the ability to fool people into thinking (until they look over it again) 1) it is a series II car, and 2) it is a real kit.

To be a perfectionist the only piece iam going to adjust is the door panel isnt quite level at the front. Needs to be dropped down a tiny bit to have it line up properly with the guard panel.

People always love this shot so im going to post it for the hell of it :D

Besides, what the hell is wrong with my mirrors! colour coded looks great on this car :)

Edit: More pics that show how well it has been constructed / fitted.

Just a little project im working on
                          - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

More pics, more pics! I want some closeups - and why isn't the front bumper on??

PS - Dave, those are stock painted mirrors. What's the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
                              PS - Dave, those are stock painted mirrors. What's the deal?
                              They are nearly Pepto-Bismol pink. That's the deal.
                              Current Cars
                              2014 M235i
                              2009 R56 Cooper S
                              1998 M3
                              1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                                They are nearly Pepto-Bismol pink. That's the deal.
                                I'm color blind (seriously) and they look silver to me. If they are indeed pink, then that's funny :)

Comment

Working...
                                X