Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel
      Looks like 2311120260 on the ETK.
      interesting part number ben...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
        THAT'S IT!!!!
        that piece was already in my airbag column when I installed my momo. I think an additional one will be too long; your horn/turn signals won't work. This is just eyeballing it though, it seems like the 3 washers I put in mine were not as thick.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggens96
          that piece was already in my airbag column when I installed my momo. I think an additional one will be too long; your horn/turn signals won't work. This is just eyeballing it though, it seems like the 3 washers I put in mine were not as thick.
          What size washers did you use?
          Current Cars
          2014 M235i
          2009 R56 Cooper S
          1998 M3
          1997 M3

Comment

What size washers did you use?
            Sorry, I should have measured them, but even if I did I don't think I could get precise enough without a special ruler. What I did was take the hub into a hardware store and I bought 3 of the tightest fitting steel washers that would fit into the hole. Then all 3 were drilled out to 11/16" and filed down a bit to fit over the splines.

At first I tried only using 2 of the washers I bought and the slightly gold-colored hardened steel washer that was already behind the nut, but when i tightened down the nut all the way there was still a tiny bit of play in the wheel. I swapped the third washer for the original one and now the wheel is perfectly tight, and horn/signals work.

Only problem is that the dialectric grease I used on the hub got scraped off by the horn connection, and the wheel squeaks now.

Maybe try measuring stacks of appropriately sized washers 3 at a time at a hardware store, and see how close to 14mm you get.
            sigpic

Comment

Dave, next weekend remind me and we can take off my steering wheel and show you how mine is on there. Its really easy. And all my horn buttons work and the signals turn off when theyre suppose to ;)

Will
              RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
              Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
              DaveCN = Old Man
              My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
              If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist
                Dave, next weekend remind me and we can take off my steering wheel and show you how mine is on there. Its really easy. And all my horn buttons work and the signals turn off when theyre suppose to ;)

Will
                so you have 2 of those 14mm rings? Are there any problems at all such as play in the steering wheel?
                sigpic

Comment

No play at all. From front of car to rear... 14mm spacer, mtech 1 wheel, 14mm spacer, locker washer, locking washer, locking nut ...I have a '91 with the airbag column. There is no play in the steering wheel. Next weekend I will take mine off and show Dave. If anyone else is interested I can take pics as well.

Will
                  DaveCN = Old Man

If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

No play at all. From front of car to rear... 14mm spacer, mtech 1 wheel, 14mm spacer, locker washer, locking washer, locking nut ...I have a '91 with the airbag column. There is no play in the steering wheel. Next weekend I will take mine off and show Dave. If anyone else is interested I can take pics as well.

Will
                    Great - I will bring my Alpina wheel with me and we'll do the swap while we are there.
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

Will
                      i have a 91' 318is and i'm putting on a momo wheel. i have the hub and the wheel, is there anything else i need to get?
                      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer
                        i have a 91' 318is and i'm putting on a momo wheel. i have the hub and the wheel, is there anything else i need to get?
                        Not sure. I've never seen a Momo wheel before. I swapped my airbag wheel to an Mtech 1 wheel.

Will
                        DaveCN = Old Man

Comment

Great - I will bring my Alpina wheel with me and we'll do the swap while we are there.
                          Alrighty. It doesnt take very long at all. On the back of the mtech 1 wheel there is a plastic piece that turns off the turn signals. It has 2 eyelets on it that screw into the wheel. I had to cut them off with my Dremel because they caught on the top side of the column. Hard to understand unless you see it. I will show ya next weekend.

Will
                          DaveCN = Old Man

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer
                            Unless having the wheel/hub wiggle around a lot doesn't bother you, get one of these 14mm spacers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X