Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminded me of when I got scammed, but did end up getting my money back, plus for a fair few others too: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...nj-e30-scammer

Comment

Bump to top for anyone who hasn't seen this sticky yet.

Beware of anyone offering parts "from a friend" through PMs.
      They will often give an email address for you to contact.

Ask for proof they have the part (picture with today's date handwritten on a piece of paper beside the item.)

If it's still in doubt get them on a phone call, and talk about E30s. (If a scammer even would go to this effort).
      With a quick convo you can assess if they are a legit E30 enthusiast or just someone looking to rip you off.

Comment

Got three all within 24hrs of posting my WTB for a late model US tail light panel....

1. Markjack5; joined 3/14/2024, zero posts, e30 model is "e280" (lol). Told me to email "George", georgedoug068@gmail.com.

2. Hawkins; joined today (5/29/2024), zero posts, e30 model is "1996" lol. Told me he "can recommend a (sic) uncle" w/ the panel I need, email patrickwesco8@gmail.com

3. Shogo1; joined 4/7/2024, zero posts, e30 model is "1980 m3" lmfao. Told me to email Jydeanna050@gmail.com.

#3 was interesting, because I actually did email this person. About five minutes later I get an email from someone who did not PM me on the forum. He has the exact piece I need, no hits when reverse image searching, seems kinda legit. Only thing is... this person said they'll be shipping the panel from Arizona, which is the same location as Shogo1. Sure, could be coincidence, so I asked this person to send a pic with date and username. If this person turns out to also be a scam, I will update this post w/ the email they used. EDIT TO ADD: I was emailing w/ the jydeanna050 email AND this random emailer at the same time. Some similar punctuations were used in both emails that also adds to the possibility it's both the same person and a scam.

Can all these asshats just fck off please? I just want a gd panel so I can drive my car again...
        Zinno 1989 327i coupe - SSSquid chip, 19# inj, 4.10 LSD.

Comment

Working...
        X