Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IX,Manual to Standard Tranny swap parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IX,Manual to Standard Tranny swap parts.

Need any or all parts associated with a manual to standard tranny swap in an IX. If someone can hook me up with a list that would be great. I know I need a pedal box, Manual IX m20 Tranny, Throttle body, gauge cluster, and manual transfer case. Let me know if you have any of these or if there is any kits available. Thanks
    Last edited by Ryan1642; 07-22-2014, 10:56 AM.
    I spend 90% of my money and women, cars, and booze. The other 10% is wasted.

You do not need a throttle body or a gauge cluster. Just get rid of the kick-down cable bracket from the automatic. The speedo gets its signal from the differential so no worries there.

You might want the front and rear differentials (3.91) from the manual, but some like/keep the 4.10 gears. If you keep the 4.10 gears 1st will be a stump puller, but 2-4 will feel better. It will be buzzing on the highway a little, but the difference between 3.91 and 4.10 is not that great. I would just leave it if your differentials are good, quiet and not leaking. They can be changed later without "losing" much work.

Think about the following for your list:

Clutch master and hydraulic lines (one flexible)
    Clutch slave
    Flywheel
    Flywheel bolts
    Clutch package
    Shifter and associated shifter hardware and bushings
    Reverse light wiring
    Transfer case seals
    Transmission seals and front shims (while you are in there)
    Shifter boot - Rubber
    Shifter boot/knob

Comment

I have a pedal set a trans and a flywheel(id recommend a new clutch) all you would need is t case and shifter...and a knob and boot. Id take 550 for everything I have towards it...
      Dave @ Bimmerbuddies
      Contact Bimmerbuddies for all your Parts and service needs
      M20,24V,5spdSwap,Weld,Fab,Tow,Buy/Sell/Trade
      Bimmerbuddies LLC
      717-388-1256
      2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057

*Ask about discounts for R3V members*

Comment

What about wiring? I hate wiring but what does it take on the electrical side to get this done.

Comment

Its mostly a matter of disconnecting the automatic shifter harness and just plugging the main harness connectors back together. Piece of cake. You are just eliminating the safety wiring associated with the automatic shifter.

The automatic harness runs all the way over to a connector under the right side of the dash. There are some wires that you need to deal with associated with the cruise control.

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
            Its mostly a matter of disconnecting the automatic shifter harness and just plugging the main harness connectors back together. Piece of cake. You are just eliminating the safety wiring associated with the automatic shifter.

The automatic harness runs all the way over to a connector under the right side of the dash. There are some wires that you need to deal with associated with the cruise control.
            Alright,Thats good news. I have my center console off already and I can see the connector your talking about. As for cruise control,I'm sure there is a tutorial on this forum somewhere, or some other website that I can follow. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I think the iX has two switches on the clutch pedal. One for the cruise and the other for either the ABS or the ECU...I can't remember.

Comment

Working...
              X