WTB 420G 6 speed shifter parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 420G 6 speed shifter parts

i have the tranny. Now I need everything to make it shift. Tranny was in a late 98 E39.

Wouldn't that make it a ZF310?
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Ah geez....now you have me wondering. I now need to go look at the lump in the garage. Hope they mark their stuff to make easy to read. Previous owner said 420G but worth a double check.

Comment

I'm obviously living in six cylinder only land. I didn't even think about the fact they came in V8 E39s.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

LOL! Indeed from a 540i so def a Getrag 420G.

Comment

Going into an E30? The only E39 shifter part I used with my 420G was the lever itself. The selector rod (the part that goes between the lever and the transmission) was from a 318ti and the aluminum carrier was from a Getrag 260. All resized of course.

If not going into an E30, please disregard the above. If going into an E30, just thought I would open up your options.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

thanks jPod! Indeed it will live in an e30.

I have a line here on some parts so I’ll mock it all up once again.
              I can crane that engine tranny combo blindfolded now....
              Expect to trim and weld a few pieces for fit. If no fit then good to know other options.
              I made customs mounts and cut down the oil pan so my mileage will vary...

i do have questions on your exhaust selection. Making headers next.
              Thinking along the lines of 1.75 with 2 into 1 collector into 2.25 to the back no cats.
              using passenger side e39 headers. Different story driver side.
              My 2 E46 steering joints will arrive shortly
              I have almost no space on driver side for nice exhaust path on 5+6 with steering linkage.
              looking at moving the steering shaft about 1/2 inch outboard to make header room and square up the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
              X