USDM MTECH 2 Rear bumper rubber blinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDM MTECH 2 Rear bumper rubber blinker

Looking for these rubber blinker holders for the MTECH 2 rear bumper.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hakstern; 09-03-2019, 04:58 PM.

Good luck, I was looking everywhere for those before I just went with euro bumpers.
    Last edited by Mike36; 09-03-2019, 05:20 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• hakstern
      hakstern commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly I just need the clips/guides and the side marker rubber holder. I'm willing to buy a whole rear bumper if it comes with those items. lol....

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
    Good luck, I was looking everywhere for those before I just went with euro bumpers.
    Any difference when mounting USDM vs Euros?

Comment

These are NLA and USDM specific since euro cars didn't have sidemarkers in the bumpers. Someone was working on 3D printing these but don't know what became of it.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Honestly. If I had to do it all over again I would just fill those holes in on the bumper. I made mine out of formable plastic. It wasn’t too hard but you’ll want to make your front and rear so they match. Let me know if you want to know the plastic and I’ll dig up the link. It was easy to just cut with a box cutter, sand a bit to round the corners and paint
        Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
        COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          These are NLA and USDM specific since euro cars didn't have sidemarkers in the bumpers. Someone was working on 3D printing these but don't know what became of it.
          Well noted thank you. Yeah I’m wanting to match my hand front with reflector/signal. Someone hit my passenger side band broke it off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
            Honestly. If I had to do it all over again I would just fill those holes in on the bumper. I made mine out of formable plastic. It wasn’t too hard but you’ll want to make your front and rear so they match. Let me know if you want to know the plastic and I’ll dig up the link. It was easy to just cut with a box cutter, sand a bit to round the corners and paint
            I’d rather not hack up and fill them. Just trying to find them. Maybe I’ll go with a euro bumper until I can find this rubber piece!

Comment

Anyone know how I would go about ordering a brand new OEM mtech 2 rear bumper?

Comment

^ You are going to be extremely hard pressed to find a brand new oem tech 2 rear bumper. I got lucky three years ago and found just that at a junk yard of all places in Las Vegas, complete fluke and would never hope to find another again. These rear bumpers are unicorns, that ebay link I posted might be your best bet. That or go onto the e30 zone via facebook and put a wanted ad there. Be prepared to dig deep in pockets though, I would expect a mint rear tech 2 bumper would go for around 1200 now a days.

Comment

Originally posted by grandtapestry View Post
                  ^ You are going to be extremely hard pressed to find a brand new oem tech 2 rear bumper. I got lucky three years ago and found just that at a junk yard of all places in Las Vegas, complete fluke and would never hope to find another again. These rear bumpers are unicorns, that ebay link I posted might be your best bet. That or go onto the e30 zone via facebook and put a wanted ad there. Be prepared to dig deep in pockets though, I would expect a mint rear tech 2 bumper would go for around 1200 now a days.
                  Thank you! I am considering that rear bumper, but it doesn’t include the guides...I know the guides are a bit hard to find as well. The person that tapped my bumper, broke the guides as well.

Comment

Yup guides are tough to find for sure. You can modify some late model ones to make work. I got tired of looking and just decided to make what I have work. Took some time and a whole lot of test fitting but lines came out straight and even. Just a thought if your not wanting to wait for the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by grandtapestry View Post
                      Yup guides are tough to find for sure. You can modify some late model ones to make work. I got tired of looking and just decided to make what I have work. Took some time and a whole lot of test fitting but lines came out straight and even. Just a thought if your not wanting to wait for the long haul.
                      Might have to do that. I assume a lot of plastic guide shaving?

Comment

No not a lot, just have to shave down two areas on each slider if memory serves correct. I did it to mine years back, im ocd so I fitted it a good 15 times to make sure it looked as good as it should. It can definitely be done but if you can find the sliders I would also go that route just to know you have the proper guides but honestly not 100% needed.

Comment

Originally posted by hakstern View Post
                          Anyone know how I would go about ordering a brand new OEM mtech 2 rear bumper?
                          You can still order a euro rear bumper. Last time I checked, BMW Germany had 70 in stock. I tried ordering one from ECS and a local BMW dealer but the couldn't have it shipped to the US. There are vendors willing to help you get this from Europe though.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X