Looking for ECU and harness for 1988 M20B25 for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for ECU and harness for 1988 M20B25 for sale

I recently bought a 1986 325e with a M20B25 swapped in the vehicle but the person I bought the vehicle from did not know what he was doing and he decided to cut the engine harness and hard wire it to the ECU for to 325e.

I've been told that the ECU that comes with the 325e does not work for the M20B25 out of a 325i.

I'm currently looking for the correct harness and ECU if anyone has one or both for sale

Does your chassis-side harness connector lay in back of the intake area or beside the fuse box? If you have the round connector located behind the intake on the heater box cover on the firewall your life will be much easier. I have harnesses and control units if you would like to start a chat. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
      Does your chassis-side harness connector lay in back of the intake area or beside the fuse box? If you have the round connector located behind the intake on the heater box cover on the firewall your life will be much easier. I have harnesses and control units if you would like to start a chat. Thanks
      Im currently unsure cause I just got the car towed to my house and haven't had the time to really checked on what I need but I know that i need the engine harness because the owner before me cut the round plug off the engine side of the harness and tried wire it so it would work, but I've heard you need to change the pin locations in the connector if there both round connectors. but I'll check when I get home later I'm currently not at home. Oh also he was trying to use the 325e ECU.

Comment

I have the ECU if interested.

Andy

Comment

Okay, sounds like you have the round plug. The harness that plugs in over at the side of the fusebox is a rectangular connector. I have some harnesses if you need one as well as some ECUs. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X