Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning to paint my car - wtb spare body parts

Hi everyone,

After a $13,000+ quote to paint my e30 I’m wanting to learn to prep and paint my car. Does anyone have any spare hoods, trunks, etc. near Tucson, AZ? I might check out the local junkyards, too. Thanks, everyone!

I just painted my hood, fender and trunk on my E30 and did my whole C10.
    Biggest tip is get used to the type of paint you are going to spray. My C10s was single stage and I needed to change up my settings and how I could spray it vs my E30s two stage.

also get a decent sized compressor the 4 gallon was a PITA.
    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Nice! I think I’ll be using around a 30 gallon tank. I’ve been watching Eastwood videos and other videos. Just got some used mirrors. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Go to a body shop dumpster

Comment

My single most important piece of advice is to learn to do a "flood test" with whatever gun you use. It is simply turning your spray nozzle so that you get a horizontal pattern - spray liberally until the paint floods down - one should see equal length runs along the entire width of the spray pattern. Your dry climate will be an asset, but the heat and sun will be a factor. Try to paint at 70 degrees in the morning and let the paint cure in higher afternoon temperatures.

Comment

Great advice, team!!! Y’all rock!

Comment

Working...
            X