LF: Good Condition Rear Axles/Reputable Brand New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LF: Good Condition Rear Axles/Reputable Brand New

Looking for a built/reman e30 axles, hopefully someone that knows what they are doing, im not entirely sure if the outer cv joints can be properly rebuilt, maybe someone with knowledge can weigh in on that as well.

Or a new set of GKN or something similar. I have an LS1 so looking for a reliable rear end solution. Not going the larger diff/5lug swap just yet.

They can be, just have to take the cover off without damaging it, or replace it.

New GKN is the way to go IMO (that's all I for clients at the shop). Get them through FCP and they will warranty them for life, even.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

So about that, I did order GKN from ECS and got e36 axles instead. Planning on returning them but since I live in Canada the back and forth shipping/customs and brockerage fees make it an expensive hobby to order one after the other. I was hoping maybe some members might have something decent at a reasonable price?

Comment

Next time you have a tariff to pay see if you can get an exemption per the link that some member on here posted up early this year.
        This memorandum outlines and explains the Canada Border Services Agency’s policy respecting the interpretation of tariff item 9966.00.00 of the Customs Tariff and the goods that are eligible for consideration under this tariff item.

Comment

I shy away from ECS if at all possible. They have fallen to the way side over the last few years. They made the mistake, you shouldn't have to pay return shipping, they should be able to RMA your order.

john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Next time you have a tariff to pay see if you can get an exemption per the link that some member on here posted up early this year.
            Thanks for the info roguetoaster, I was actually looking into this AFTER I already got my axles, I think I payed 40$ in duty out of 200$, the rest were POOPY-S (UPS) brokerage fees and taxes. To reverse the charges I have to fill out a bunch of paperwork with photocopies and send it by fucking MAIL, after which it will be "reviewed" by customs. Lesson learned, do that in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              I shy away from ECS if at all possible. They have fallen to the way side over the last few years. They made the mistake, you shouldn't have to pay return shipping, they should be able to RMA your order.
              Finally got an email from ECS this Friday, gave me an option to return them with RMS number like you said. I'm quite determined to try every option now and ordered a puller set, combined with some spline filing for clearance, I think I can make it work. If not, I'll paint that shit just like it came out of the box and send them back to ECS to deal with.

Comment

Working...
              X