Stop buffer for E30 convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop buffer for E30 convertible

In search of one of these, they were discontinued. Part # 51321939499. Photos for reference

Wow I could two. Of those myself.

Comment

Yeah! Cant seen to find it anywhere. Got lucky I was able to find this one at a local junkyard.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_queen_v View Post
        In search of one of these, they were discontinued. Part # 51321939499. Photos for reference
        From the pictures can't work out if you need the LH or RH one.

I have one - but can't remember which side...
        PM your email address and I'll send you some pics when I get home.

E30 320i vert
        But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

OK what you have in your hand is different to the parts diagram.

The part in your hand relates to a different diagram in RealOEM for the convertible rear window - this one

Click image for larger version  Name:	diag_4q8.png Views:	0 Size:	218.9 KB ID:	9975904

Part number 13 (Cap)

51361933495 (LH)
          51361933496 (RH)

E30 320i vert

Comment

Sorry I have the opposite side part to what is shown in your hand...
            E30 320i vert

Comment

V, Here is a link to the part to show you a few looks of it, is this what you need?

You need the PN mentioned above for each side. Not expensive either.
              Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
              BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
                V, Here is a link to the part to show you a few looks of it, is this what you need?

You need the PN mentioned above for each side. Not expensive either.
                That’s the piece and goes on number 12 isn’t it. I think the actual buffer piece is a small rubber piece that almost looks like a piece of trim that would go around the doors I think I may have one or two. But I’ve never seen that actual piece in the ad itself and I’m very curious as to where that fits. I am having issues trying to get my glass to fit to my hard top correctly without leaking and I’m wondering if that’s what it is.

Comment

I believe that piece you’re holding in your hand is not the same piece that shown in the diagram. I have some of those that are shown in the diagram but not with you’re holding in your hand. As I said in my earlier response I’m very curious as to see where that piece in your hand fits I’ve never seen one.

Comment

Actually that piece you have in your hand I think is the piece that goes on top of the rear side glass vertical trim. If that’s the case those are a pain in the ass to take off. But I have two of them, both sides.

Comment

Working...
                    X