Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpgc44
    replied
    @jessestacks hey bud.. would the cost be the same of o have a diff colored hood and flat colored bumpers? The paint on my car is in decent shape but i assume color matching is a pain.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Sorry if this has been asked before.....but....

a.) how can you offer such a cheap price? (of course I assume prep is limited - that's understandable)

More importantly....

b.) for those of us out of the area, what advice do you have to get a good paint job on a budget (besides doing all the prep) - I mean, where do you look for deals? How to find them? What brands to trust? I've always been told that hotrod guys don't pay much for paint - yet have show cars? Is it as simple as going to the bad side of town? Do tell!

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Also interested in paint brand. How long does it last, any members who've gotten there car painted by this guy have feedback in how the paints lasted threw out the months, I would rather keep my stock paint with rock chips then paint that has no shine in 2 years...

Leave a comment:

• 325_e30
    replied
    Make a trip to Miami!

Leave a comment:

• E30beemer
    replied
    Wish I lived near there! Great price

Leave a comment:

• JesseStacks
    replied
    @VadGTI

id like to have 4-6 days but on special occasions we have been know to do it in 72 hours

Leave a comment:

• VadGTI
    replied
    How long would the work take? Trying to figure out the logistics (trailer/tow vehicle + house to crash at, etc.)

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator

Leave a comment:

• JesseStacks
    replied
    @VadGTI dude!! bring that to me, it makes me sad on the inside to see a M3 suffer :(

as far as the body work at most a few hundred but i could bundle it all up, for the sake of saving a M3 :)

@cwatt

Here @SCC Customs and Collision i have had my fair share of satin or flat finishes, the KEY is budget and who is exactly is painting. a good painter for the most part will usually produce good results but when you introduce a variable like a specialty finish, you cant go with a run of the mil painter who specializes in production-style base/clear applications. you have to find someone who knows what YOUR expectations are.

the next key is your budget, which in turn is another limit, chances are if you are spending less then 2k on a satin finish its going to be a single stage and you will get a result that is reminiscent of the kind of finish you see on military vehicles (tanks, Hummers)

if you are spending in the 2k+ range chances are its a two stage with a regular base and the specialty "satin" clear.

both options can look great however results will vary.

which gets us to your statement "I've noticed a LOT of variability in end results. Some appear to have a nice sheen with the matte finish, others appear dull without any depth"

this is a result of the single stage vs two/three stage methods AND the actual application methods used.

in short every shop/painter will have different results for different reasons.

in theory the two stage SHOULD have more depth but from our experience it has alot to do with color choice too.

But at the end yes we i do have experience, in both applications.

Leave a comment:

• cwatt
    replied
    I apologize in advance that I haven't read this entire thread...

What is your experience with matte finish paint jobs? I've noticed a LOT of variability in end results. Some appear to have a nice sheen with the matte finish, others appear dull without any depth.
    Last edited by cwatt; 12-09-2013, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• VadGTI
    replied
    Still no plans to come to SoCal? I would be the first one there.

The M3 is begging for a spray of DS.

How much to push the sail panel out? (Note the tiny creases next to the inner taillight corners).

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator
    Last edited by VadGTI; 12-07-2013, 02:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JesseStacks
    replied
    depends, out here we dont have many rust issues like that but if i went by rule of thumb id say 3-400 a panel. but it varies from car to car.

Leave a comment:

• E30NJ
    replied
    hw much would you say rotted rocker panels would cost to fix?

Leave a comment:

• JesseStacks
    replied
    hey R3V ive know i have not posted any pics of E30s yet.. i will but right now we are deep into some other builds..

anyways im Doing a toy drive at my shop and essentially if you donate $60 bucks worth of toys, ill offer $200 off a paint job. this is a limited deal from now till 12/6/13

we are working with local charities to try and give to toys this holiday season to children who may otherwise not get any.

please if you can help out, or stop buy for a quick spray and know your giving back.

if your car isnt in need for paint well i can do $100 off for $30 worth of toys, so you can get a lip or hood done and still save!

more info is here on my shops page. check it out

Leave a comment:

• xixo
    replied
    pm'd

Leave a comment:

• wiedmannwerks
    replied
    When it comes time to paint my car I am driving up to you from SoCal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...