Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yahh View Post
    Brand? I'm interested.
    I honestly can't remember. Car is in the shop right now getting the rear main seal replaced because over the course of two weeks since H2Oi I've leaked about 5 qts. of oil all over my apartment garage. Should have the car back by the weekend and I'll definitely let all interested parties know as soon as I get the chance.

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
    pretty sure a mod around here sold the same set for about the same price, so seems fair to me.

you guys wouldn't like posting for sale threads and having people shit on them would you? ;)

op, I'll try to find that thread for you gimme a min

found it: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=253852&page=2
    Appreciate the backup man. I just wanna mention too that, like the mod's, these wheels are almost perfect fitment less your personal preference. They don't need spacers although I've never run a BBK so I can't give you the assurance on that one. The only difference between his and mine I would say are our lips. He looks like he might be 4x4 but mine are an inch different in width and I have bigger lips in the back than the front.

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
    Yeah, he's almost right. For $1000, I got mine new with new tires. Sorry to burst the bubble.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Originally posted by ACS Cabrio View Post
    what brand are they? that'll clear up the pricing conflict quickly
    I'll definitely check it out :)

Comment

Bumpity bump bump

Comment

ever figure out the brand or model?

Comment

Haven't found time to check it out. I'm planning on swapping bumpers in a couple days and throwing some loctite in a couple places so I'll definitely be checking. Sorry for the wait. I appreciate the patience guys.

Comment

just to help out the potentials with pricing conflict...

add in a set of tires and he's pretty close to that price. wish i was ready for them man, i'm just up the road in Sterling. best of luck.

Comment

PM'd you

1984 318i (w/ delicious M50 powa)
              Produktionsdatum: 03.10.1983
              Außenfarbe: Achatgruen Metallic (177)

Comment

Originally posted by nach2103 View Post

add in a set of tires and he's pretty close to that price. wish i was ready for them man, i'm just up the road in Sterling. best of luck.
                Thanks man!

Originally posted by n3rdy30 View Post
                PM'd you
                Replied :)

Also, I'm about to put some pics up that I just went to take of the damage on the wheels. And just to clear things up in case you guys were wondering, I'm running Kumho's up front 195/50 and stretched Nankangs in the rear 205/50.

Comment

Here are pics of the damage. This first one is a "knick" on the front driver's side wheel. The first picture is a close-up of the damage and the second photo right beneath it is a step-back just so you can see how small it really is.

And zoomed out...

And this next one is a picture of the rear driver's side wheel. This rash is so minor I could probably rub it away with a rag, but it's just deep enough to not be I suppose. But this teeny blemish is about 1/2" long and not deep at all. You don't even notice it unless you're on your knees.

The other two wheels have no damage on them whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by nach2103 View Post

those appear to be $150 each.

a set with brand new tires shipped to your door should be 900-1000

Comment

Okay guys,

Well I tried to figure out the branding mystery while I was doing some rear suspension work today and honestly could not find a specific brand name. Although I did find a couple things embossed into the hub. This is all new information to me, so I researched a little.

(Check out the picture)

What that says is JWL, which stands for Japanese Light Wheel Alloy. So these wheels are Japanese and being stamped with JWL means that these wheels have passed a, "compilation of standards defined by the Japanese Government to ensure the vehicle's safety for aluminum road wheels. Every wheel put to market must be tested to meet JWL standards before a wheel can be put out to market in Japan."

The other logo you see is VIA, which is the, "Vehicle Inspection Association Registration System. VIA marking can only be engraved on the wheel if registered by Japan Light Alloy Automotive Wheel Testing Council after strict quality tests by the authorized testing facility on the adaptability of JWL or JWL-T technical standard."

According to a few people, JWL is THE standard in a lot of aftermarket wheels and a lot of people won't touch them unless they're stamped with this.

I got all of this information from this link:

So I couldn't find the manufacturer of the wheels, but I did find proof of the legitimacy of their forging. I know that's not what a lot of you were expecting and it's not really what I was expecting either, but I hope this is satisfactory for curious parties.

Comment

BUMP for a good seller/good price! I've seen these wheels in person. They look great.

Comment

Pending sale.

Comment

I'm also selling a set of D2 coilovers if any of you guys are interested. Check the link in my sig.

Comment

Sold.

Comment

Working...
                              X