Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Ronal ACT Mesh 16x7.5" Wheels

EDIT - SOLD

Set of 4, in good shape, especially for this vintage. Not perfect, but nicer than most old wheels I see in terms of curbage, etc.

One centerbore is a bit larger, I'm not sure why, but since they are lug-centric, it shouldn't matter, but a ring insert could be made at a machine shop very easily. I bought them for snow wheels for my E28 bought got some others the day *after* buying these. Ah well - cool period wheels for someone. All centercaps there and intact. For an E28, would likely need a 15mm spacer.

16 x 7.5 ET35
    Bolt pattern is 5x120

$400 plus ship (likely $100)

Last edited by greggearhead; 03-14-2016, 09:21 AM.

Nice wheels, should be in the Wheels & Tires FS section though.
    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Aw, shoot. I'm kinda new here, didn't even realize there was a wheels & Tires section.

Can a moderator move for me?

Sorry!

Comment

If only 4x100!!! :/

-E
        -ALaS

Comment

I know, I know. They could of course, be filled and drilled, and I've got them priced pretty cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by greggearhead View Post
            I know, I know. They could of course, be filled and drilled, and I've got them priced pretty cheap...
            You can run adapters. But fill/drill shouldn't be done. If only the back were flat.

Still a nice set.
            1991 318IS

Comment

You are right, I forgot to even look at the back before mentioning it.

Comment

Still got em - would love to sell this week.

Comment

OK - 3rd time I have had someone not realize these are NOT 4x100.

Sorry, they are 5x120

Comment

Set of 4, in good shape, especially for this vintage. Not perfect, but nicer than most old wheels I see in terms of curbage, etc.

One centerbore is a bit larger, I'm not sure why, but since they are lug-centric, it shouldn't matter, but a ring insert could be made at a machine shop very easily. I bought them for snow wheels for my E28 bought got some others the day *after* buying these. Ah well - cool period wheels for someone. All centercaps there and intact. For an E28, would likely need a 15mm spacer.
                    since when?
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Hey Julien. I've run lots and lots and lots of non-hub centric wheels, and never had a problem. The only time I've had problems is on some super old wheels that used 'mag' type non lug centric holes, and non hub centric center holes. Only time.

Do I use hub centric adapter rings when I can - yes. Did I mention it to make sure someone else knows exactly what they are getting - yes.

Comment

Hey Julien. I've run lots and lots and lots of non-hub centric wheels, and never had a problem. The only time I've had problems is on some super old wheels that used 'mag' type non lug centric holes, and non hub centric center holes. Only time.

Do I use hub centric adapter rings when I can - yes. Did I mention it to make sure someone else knows exactly what they are getting - yes.
                        That's a different statement than saying these wheels are "lug-centric." The idea behind hub-centricity, as I'm sure you know, is for the Hub to be an integral part of transferring the forces exerted on the wheels to the car. Once you remove that from the equation you are left with all the load being only transferred to the lugs themselves. Anyways, as long as the existing larger bore is machined and not damaged, the new owner could potentially pick up a hub centric ring online so that wheel matches the rest. If, however that bore is damaged or has been tampered with you are easily looking at $75 to clean it up + the cost of making a custom ring.
                        Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Interested, Can you post a picture of the centerbore that is in question? Also I take it there are no bends? They appear to have minimal curbage.
                          sigpic
                          Steve Corbett
                          1983 528E Scrapped
                          1983 528E Sold
                          1984 745I
                          1984 325E - Sold
                          1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
                          1989 325I Zinno
                          1988 635CSI

Comment

Absolutely no bends.

I'll take the one to work and photo the centerbore tomorrow for you.

Comment

Here's a pic of the opened hole, and an untouched one for comparison. There are 2 gouges in the opened hole, though it does look machined, it should be cleaned up if you were going to have a ring fit it.

Comment

Working...
                              X