• Show
Clear All

1 set of race fronts, maybe rears.

Comment

PM sent to OP.
      Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

curious what is the weight difference between stock and these door panels?? TIA

Comment

Make this happen sooner rather than later.

1987 325is: 495whp/400ft-lb
          UPDATED 03/12/10!: RB26DETT Swapped E30

Comment

Originally posted by sennafan View Post
            1 set of race fronts, maybe rears.
            Thanks!

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
            curious what is the weight difference between stock and these door panels?? TIA
            Stock panels are fairly light, so even at half the weight, carbon fiber won't save you much, perhaps a pound per side? You're saving more by eliminating the big heavy door handles.

Alex

Comment

The factory told me that they only counted front sets to determine the discount. Not a big deal, since we are already above 10 sets for the 15% discount, with new additions still rolling in.

I'm finalizing with them how to handle actual orders, payment, and shipment, and will post an update by the end of the week. Man, what did I get myself into here?!

Here is the revised list:

1. flipper325es -- Race 1.5 mm
              2. redmist -- Race 1.5 mm
              3. whiltebeitel -- Race 1.5 mm
              4. z31maniac-- Race 1.5 mm & Rear quarters
              5. e30s52 -- Race 1.5 mm
              6. jackbenny -- Street & Rear quarters
              7. e30_pilot -- Street & Rear quarters
              8. e30_pilot -- Street & Rear quarters #2 (tentative)
              9. newman -- Street & Rear quarters
              10. Fast Frankie -- Race 1.5 mm
              11. joshw02 -- Street
              12. justin_l_ -- Street (tentative)
              13. namsayin -- Street & Rear quarters
              14. sennafan -- Race 1.5 (tentative Rear quarters)
              15. Chris Turrisi -- Street
              16. David Wolter -- Race 0.8 mm & Rear quarters

Alex

Comment

Here is the revised list:

4. z31maniac-- Race 1.5 mm & Rear quarters
                5. e30s52 -- Race 1.5 mm
                11. joshw02 -- Street
                14. sennafan -- Race 1.5 (tentative Rear quarters)
                17. MDryVur -- street pair

Comment

IMPORTANT UPDATE :!:

1) To avoid errors, I'd like each of you to confirm your order specifics directly with the factory -- panel size and thickness, different cutouts, etc. E-mail Mike at sales@performance-trim.com Again, their web site is http://www.performance-trim.com/prod...p?product_id=6 Feel free to copy me at flipper325-at-sbcglobal-dot-net (just remove the dashes).

2) When we are ready to pull the triger, you'll place your order directly with the factory. DON'T DO IT YET! Because of the discount, we won't place orders via their website. Instead, I suggest you you do it by e-mail, following up on Step 1 above.

3) The factory accepts PayPal, and you'll make a payment directly to them. This will be cleaner than making a payment to me, and then forwarding it to the factory, with another PayPal fee.

4) There are two ways to handle US shipments:
                  • Directly from the factory -- $65. If you prefer this option, then you'll just add the shipping cost to your parts total, and make one payment to the factory. The shipping address entered in PayPal will be your own.

• Through me -- $35. These will be shipped in bulk to me, and I'll then individually send them out. It will take a little longer to get them, and a bit more hassle, but you can't get something for nothing. ;)
                  You'll make one PayPal payment to the factory just for parts, and a second $35 payment to me for shipping. NOTE: In the factory PayPal payment, you will have to have MY shipping address, not yours! They require it to comply with PayPal resolution rules, in case there is a shipping issue.
                  5) For those of you outside the US joining this GB, you'll have your parts shipped direct.

Alex
                  Last edited by flipper325es; 08-24-2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flipper325es View Post
                    IMPORTANT UPDATE :!:

1) To avoid errors, I'd like each of you to confirm your order specifics directly with the factory -- panel size and thickness, different cutouts, etc. E-mail Mike at sales@performance-trim.com Again, their web site is http://www.performance-trim.com/prod...p?product_id=6 Feel free to copy me at flipper325-at-sbcglobal-dot-net (just remove the dashes).

2) When we are ready to pull the triger, you'll place your order directly with the factory. DON'T DO IT YET! Because of the discount, we won't place orders via their website. Instead, I suggest you you do it by e-mail, following up on Step 1 above.

3) The factory accepts PayPal, and you'll make a payment directly to them. This will be cleaner than making a payment to me, and then forwarding it to the factory, with another PayPal fee.

4) There are two ways to handle US shipments:
                    • Directly from the factory -- $65. If you prefer this option, then you'll just add the shipping cost to your parts total, and make one payment to the factory. The shipping address entered in PayPal will be your own.
                    • Through me -- $35. These will be shipped in bulk to me, and I'll then individually send them out. It will take a little longer to get them, and a bit more hassle, but you can't get something for nothing. ;)
                    You'll make one PayPal payment to the factory just for parts, and a second $35 payment to me for shipping. NOTE: In the factory PayPal payment, you will have to have MY shipping address, not yours! They require it to comply with PayPal resolution rules, in case there is a shipping issue.
                    5) For those of you outside the US joining this GB, you'll have your parts shipped direct.

Alex
                    So are we ordering them with the company through e-mail right now? I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
                      So are we ordering them with the company through e-mail right now? I'm confused.
                      Yes, you will order directly from the factory. I want them to confirm all your options for you, and answer any questions, so there is no misunderstanding of what you're getting. I don't want to be in a situation where after receiving the panels, someone says 'That's not what I wanted!'

If you order through their web site, you get list pricing. Because we're getting a discount, the factory needs to know that you're part of our Group Buy. E-mail seems the best way. You may also call them, of course. :)

Alex

Comment

Our latest count is 19 fronts and 9 rears (with additional 3 fronts and 3 rears tentative):

4. z31maniac-- Race 1.5 mm & Rear quarters (tentative)
                        5. e30s52 -- Race 1.5 mm
                        11. joshw02 -- Street
                        14. sennafan -- Race 1.5 mm (tentative Rear quarters)
                        17. MDryVur -- Street
                        18. nickso (UK) -- Race 1.5 mm & Rear quarters
                        19. m4xos (UK) -- Race 1.5 mm (TBC) & Rear quarters
                        20. Luis325 -- Race 1.5 mm
                        21. g22 -- Race 1.5 mm
                        22. golde30 -- Street & Rear quarters
                        23. SteMarsden (UK) -- Rear quarters 0.8 mm
                        Last edited by flipper325es; 08-25-2009, 05:55 PM. Reason: Additions to the list

Comment

Alex, what address will you use for the purposes of acting as an intermediate?
                          '89 325i track sloot
                          '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

I'm interested too. I would want the smaller version with the cutout for the door handle.

Can you tell me the weight savings of the 1.5mm and 0.8mm over stock?

How do they attach? How are you going to ensure if we pay you we'll receive the product? What if they break during shipping or the don't fit?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
                              Alex, what address will you use for the purposes of acting as an intermediate?
                              Still deciding between my work and home address. :) I'll send a PM to everyone that opts for the bulk option, once everything is finalized.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by g22 View Post
                                I'm interested too. I would want the smaller version with the cutout for the door handle.

Can you tell me the weight savings of the 1.5mm and 0.8mm over stock?

How do they attach? How are you going to ensure if we pay you we'll receive the product? What if they break during shipping or the don't fit?

Thanks
                                The weight savings is in the ounces range, maybe a couple of pounds.
                                '89 325i track sloot
                                '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Working...
                                X