No announcement yet.

JOM Coilover Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone installed this kit and NOT dropped it all the way down. I'm looking to run a little drop on my car, but I dont want it slammed. Wondering if this kit would be good for me...?
    (OO=[][]=OO) 1990 325i

Comment

Well, if u just want a slight drop, 1 to 2 inches, then u might be better off with a spring shock upgrade and get a better quality product for about the same price.

Comment

What set up is that? ^

Comment

Originally posted by mjimport View Post
          Well, if u just want a slight drop, 1 to 2 inches, then u might be better off with a spring shock upgrade and get a better quality product for about the same price.
          Same price? Not happening. If you buy a new spring/shock upgrade you are looking at 600-700 for the 1-2" drop. If you buy used you could get away with it.

Still waiting on a spring rate number or comparison to some common spring/strut combo

Comment

GB still on?

What are the front and rear spring rates?

Did the seller in London drop the price even lower than $380 shipped due to all the interest?

Let me know!

Thanks

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
              Same price? Not happening. If you buy a new spring/shock upgrade you are looking at 600-700 for the 1-2" drop. If you buy used you could get away with it.

Still waiting on a spring rate number or comparison to some common spring/strut combo
              I was referring to used but maybe u could find a new set for a steal around 500 ?? I'm just saying that if I didn't want adjustability but want lower, I prolly wouldn't go this route. IMO

Comment

how do i order??
                "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
                1991 318is - the cruiser
                1989 325i - the rats nest

Comment

Originally posted by mrmckie View Post
                  how do i order??
                  pm mightywhitey

Comment

Originally posted by Den_k321 View Post
                    Hey, haha i put shocks and springs with adjuster on the rear of my car, and took it off and put my old lowering spring, cuz it was too high on the lowest setting... tomorrow will start on front, that mainly what i needed to lower, and ordered skid plate... pretty excited!
                    Run the jom rear spring with out perches. Should be lower then your sig pics. Takes a week or 2 to settle as well

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post

The Tokico kit is comparably priced and has received ok reviews.

Spring rates and comparisons have been given throughout this thread
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by elmercc View Post
                      Has anyone installed this kit and NOT dropped it all the way down. I'm looking to run a little drop on my car, but I dont want it slammed. Wondering if this kit would be good for me...?
                      mine is not all the way down and you can have a very decent ride height with these. you can drop it enough to tuck your rear and front tires a bit on stock wheels and still not rub or scrape anything. plus you will still be able to raise it up enough for 4x4 status (if you like that sort of thing) . this kit can take you from "big wheel gap"(a bit less than stock)- to no wheel gap. and adjust as desired in between

perfect for DD and will get you the ride height you desire. this kit will not "slam" your car. but it can get it low enough to scrap and get you to fear driveways and bumps.
                      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                      Got Drop?? ;-)
                      Originally posted by JinormusJ
                      But of course
                      E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post

sits right where i want it for DD. and i could go much lower up front and half an inch more in the rear( but then i drag on speedbumps)

i gotta use two different jacks to get my car off the floor to work on it. stock jack that barley goes under the side and gently move her up so i can fit a reg one in. but then gotta use the stock jack to get the reg out out from under her. then the stock one is stuck under and i gotta lift on the car to get it out! hahaha
                        Drive up on wood planks..I got two that get me exactly high enough to rool my jack under :up:
                        Originally posted by csermonet47
                        Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Who uses widow makers at home anywho?
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                            Who uses widow makers at home anywho?
                            Exactly.

Comment

Anyway to get a set of these!?

Comment

Care to read the thread? Even say a few posts above you?

Comment

Working...
                                X