Group Buy: BMW Motorsport Door Handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
    I've been thinking about selling them just CNC'd and letting people paint or PC them on their own. This would speed things up a lot and the price would be $20 cheaper per set.
    I'd be in for 2 sets of these.
    1973 Bavaria

Comment

Just got a ton of handle core in and possibly a price drop. Stay tuned.

Comment

Just got a ton of handle core in and possibly a price drop. Stay tuned.
        I would be interested in a pair of mtech ones if you make some
        www.mcneelymotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by MitchD1283 View Post
          I would be interested in a pair of mtech ones if you make some
          Which ones.. the ///M Technic or the BMW M Technic?

Comment

how do i order a set?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Which ones.. the ///M Technic or the BMW M Technic?

BMW M Technic
              www.mcneelymotorsports.com

Comment

i want a set!

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

The non PC option for sake of speed is a fantastic idea. If you have a raw pair that no one in front of me wants I'll take them right now!

Comment

Originally posted by e30rida View Post
                    The non PC option for sake of speed is a fantastic idea. If you have a raw pair that no one in front of me wants I'll take them right now!
                    I should have some soon. Once I do I will contact the people who have said they are interested in raw handles.

Right now the CNC shop is out of the finishing tools needs to cut the letters but should be back up today or tomorrow. I have 25 pairs so I should be able to knock out a chunk of the wait list.

I will also be testing out another PC shop that has quoted me $4 per pair to blast and powder coat. If his work is as good as the last guy I used then I will pass the savings to you guys and drop the price.

Comment

Robert, sent you a PM on some cores and never heard back. Please let me know where to send them.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                      '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                      '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                      '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Add me to list please :D
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Any pics of the "BMW M Technic" handles ??? =]
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Heres what my set looks like!

They are nice! Only complaint is that the powder coating seems to be very Light... But other than that they are hot!

Robert is a cool guy and is making really cool stuff ! Also got my BMW Motorsport valve cover and that is Very NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Again!
                            sigpic
                            1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
                            1987 325ic Black Vert
                            1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
                            1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

got mine today, aside from impefections in the PC job (didnt adhere and bubbled up), they look pretty good.
                              -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                              2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
                                got mine today, aside from impefections in the PC job (didnt adhere and bubbled up), they look pretty good.
                                That's the first I've had anyone mention anything like that and I don't remember seeing any imperfections in the PC that I sent you. Can you please post a picture of what you referring to?

Originally posted by Luis325 View Post
                                Heres what my set looks like!

They are nice! Only complaint is that the powder coating seems to be very Light... But other than that they are hot!

Robert is a cool guy and is making really cool stuff ! Also got my BMW Motorsport valve cover and that is Very NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Again!
                                If the PC was light it would have a smudged look to it unless you are referring to the type of finish which is matte black to match the original paint. Compared to previous sets the powder cost on your set was actually a little thicker. The thicker you put it on the less definition you get from the lettering. Had it been thin it would have looked like the very first set I posted in the first thread. They were also in flat black not matte.

Last edited by RobertK; 02-26-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X