No announcement yet.

JOM Coilover System Group Buy #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intrested in buying these, where do i send payment?

Comment

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
      GROUP BUY IS OPEN!

If you are interested in ordering please send me a PM when you are ready to pay and I will send you the payment information and we will go from there.

Comment

You dont need a spring compressor if you have an impact gun.

Reccomend the ball Joint seporator from Napa or better, be careful as i bent two of them :/
        1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
        1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
        1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
        1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Yeah.... Ball joint separator is a great tool to have. I completely destroyed my ball joints and tie rod ends trying to get them off. They were super tight and I use the fork type separator.

Here is mine (vert kit): Back has no adjusters and no pads (not low enough). I didnt cut out my stock spring perch in the front... that being said my adjusters are spun all the way down and I want more low... I am hoping for a big settle. But overall I am happy with the set. The hardest part was to remove the stock shock from the strut housing. I had to take it to a shop that used an air hammer to get the stock shock out.

Installing the JOM components went smooth but removing the stocks components was a bitch. I could have used a spring compressor for the rears because the trailing arm couldn't drop low enough and I kind of had to pry the rear springs out.

Comment

Originally posted by lupac View Post
            Yeah.... Ball joint separator is a great tool to have. I completely destroyed my ball joints and tie rod ends trying to get them off. They were super tight and I use the fork type separator.
            here is a tip, if you have an extra Bjoint/Trod nut laying around, screw it half way on the ball joint/tie rod thread, then hammer the nut until the bjoint/trod drop. make sure the top mount is still screw in or else this won't work. i have done this many times with success.
            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

payment sent! the anticipation begins

Comment

so im not worried about the springs or anything but can the shocks be replaced with something else (kybs, billis, konis) when the shocks end up blowing out?

Comment

Originally posted by lupac View Post

Here is mine (vert kit): Back has no adjusters and no pads (not low enough). I didnt cut out my stock spring perch in the front... that being said my adjusters are spun all the way down and I want more low... I am hoping for a big settle. But overall I am happy with the set. The hardest part was to remove the stock shock from the strut housing. I had to take it to a shop that used an air hammer to get the stock shock out.

Installing the JOM components went smooth but removing the stocks components was a bitch. I could have used a spring compressor for the rears because the trailing arm couldn't drop low enough and I kind of had to pry the rear springs out.
                  I had to drop my diff to get my stock springs out
                  2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                  (Daily Driver)
                  Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                  KW V2 Coilovers
                  VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                    so im not worried about the springs or anything but can the shocks be replaced with something else (kybs, billis, konis) when the shocks end up blowing out?
                    jom shocks are kybs fyi
                    (Daily Driver)
                    Full Mperformance Aero

KW V2 Coilovers
                    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
                      I had to drop my diff to get my stock springs out
                      shocks, sway bar end link and some manpower will pulled out the stock rear spring
                      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
                        jom shocks are kybs fyi
                        okay are the valved differently or just stock e30 kybs?

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
                          shocks, sway bar end link and some manpower will pulled out the stock rear spring
                          just step on the trailing arm. it will drop low enough for the spring to come out perfectly fine
                          -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                          -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                          MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                          Got Drop?? ;-)
                          Originally posted by JinormusJ
                          But of course
                          E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                            just step on the trailing arm. it will drop low enough for the spring to come out perfectly fine
                            I tried but it still wouldn't drop low enough. I used a pry bar to et the spring out the rest of the way :)

Comment

Mine came out with a little man power and everything disconnected. The fronts are easy I just spun the collar all the way down and it bolted up perfect. However ill get pictures of my rear shocks and want to see if any other car has had this problem... On the rear shock the part that covers the piston on top broke. Thus causing it to slide down and rattle. Any fix or should i just weld it?

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
                                nope, I did that all and my axles wouldn't let the trailing arms drop enough. Believe me.
                                (Daily Driver)
                                Full Mperformance Aero

KW V2 Coilovers
                                VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Working...
                                X