JOM Coilover System Group Buy #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
    I bought them off a forum member. They're about $69 each new (i think). If I was to order new ones I'd definitely get something stiffer.

For anyone interested in running it that low: The ride is HARSH. I really wouldn't recommend it for anyone too far over 20. The suspension travel in the rear is very minimal and your ass will bounce off the seat. But I fuckin love it.
    link please? i fail to find it on there site...

Comment

I'm sorry but I have no clue. They're the football (ish) shaped springs that you can run without adjusters, not the barrel coil over springs. I can't find them on the site either. I bought them off a forum member though and could track down his screen name in my PMs. He seemed to have more.
      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Running stiffer springs with JOM shocks are going to cause em to fail. Springs and shocks need to be paired accordingly. Putting stiffer springs that the shocks are not valved for are going to cause em to prematurely fail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
        -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
          Running stiffer springs with JOM shocks are going to cause em to fail. Springs and shocks need to be paired accordingly. Putting stiffer springs that the shocks are not valved for are going to cause em to prematurely fail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
          i know i realize this, i took all my nice stuff off its just the jom shocks and i dont really care about them... just that lowwww

Comment

can someone post a pic of front adjusters, diasamble if possible.

thanks.

Comment

didnt catch the price jump to 440. wish i had the money before

1984 eta
              1964 1600 Roadster

Comment

no one murder me for not reading all 60 pages or for just being an idiot...
                but when you say no modification necessary, does that mean no welding is involved? It's completely bolt on?

Thanks for helping a slow kid out....

Comment

Nothing required but the tools to change a suspension out.
                  1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
                  1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
                  1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

its been a week since i installed these. fronts are all the way down, but oil pan is like 3 to 4b inches off the floor. did i install them correctly? or do i need to let it settle more?

Comment

You did it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Edirtyy808 View Post
                        its been a week since i installed these. fronts are all the way down, but oil pan is like 3 to 4b inches off the floor. did i install them correctly? or do i need to let it settle more?
                        let me take a look

Comment

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
                          You did it wrong.

How'd I do it wrong? The tiny adjuster, I just left it on the top rather than screwing it into the housing. Does it make a difference?

Comment

You did it wrong because its not low enough. Post a picture of the stut housing and Ill bet you its upside down.

Comment

Noob questions, can i use billy sport shocks and H&R springs?
                              Had a smooth purchase transaction with me?
                              Please share your feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Dsun View Post
                                Noob questions, can i use billy sport shocks and H&R springs?

Im not sure I understand what youre trying to accomplish.
                                I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X