No announcement yet.

German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like graphikg was the fist one to send the funds. Discount code has been removed.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Any word on how these (specifically the 450/650) feel on the track or autox? Is it pretty much comparable to GCs? And Einstein, do you still have camber caster plates for those e36 M3s you were talking about? Thanks for making this kit by the way and considering the method of ease of installation! FTW.

Comment

I'd say its more comparable to AST considering the springs are coming from the same place. The e36 plates are still available. I have a few sets left. They are for coilovers only. Well i did have one customer who installed them with airbags.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
          ^
          exactly. i hate bouncing twice on freeway bumps. last time i was down in poway, bilstein told me $75 to shorten, $75 to revalve....so we're talking $150 a front corner and $120 a rear.
          Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
          Now i just need some donor bilstein sports strut inserts to start the process of shortening/revalving. I want smoother rebound. I feel like the spring is doing most of the work.
          Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
          same here...i am temporarily on bilstein tourings in the front and they just can't cope at all. bilstein will shorten struts for $75/ea and shocks for $60/ea i believe.
          I already ordered the GE coils and I am going to want to do my front inserts right. I have Billy sports already and I think I am just going to have them rebuilt and shortened by Bilstein to have them ready by the time the GE coils come in. But I have a few questions...

How much do I ask Bilstein to shorten my struts?

and according to this...

How much am I going to want to shorten my strut housings? 1in? 2in?

Going low is nice, but not as important to me as travel.

And is there a need to shorten the rears at all? I dont see why it is necessary.

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post

And for those of you still sorting out dampening i found these to be a good bargain for the rears. Free shipping too. http://www.proamauto.com/page15bce38.htm
          Eainstein, these Z3 shocks will work for our cars too? Is there any advantage to these over a regular rear set of e30 billy sports?

Comment

A little update

The folks in manufacturing tell me your customs will likely be coiled late next week. They will still require stress relieving, shot peening, powder coating etc. The plant is closed between Christmas and New Years….your order will likely ship the second week of Jan.

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
            I already ordered the GE coils and I am going to want to do my front inserts right. I have Billy sports already and I think I am just going to have them rebuilt and shortened by Bilstein to have them ready by the time the GE coils come in. But I have a few questions...

How much do I ask Bilstein to shorten my struts?

and according to this...

How much am I going to want to shorten my strut housings? 1in? 2in?

Going low is nice, but not as important to me as travel.

And is there a need to shorten the rears at all? I dont see why it is necessary.

Eainstein, these Z3 shocks will work for our cars too? Is there any advantage to these over a regular rear set of e30 billy sports?

To be honest its not worth the money to have them shortened and revalved. Your going to pay $75 each to shorten and $65 each to revalve. Your better off selling your sports, buy ix sports, and have those revalved. They are already plenty short. Either that or order konis for GC. As far as shortening your strut tubes 1-1.5 inches is all you'll need. 2" is overkill unless your planning on running 8" springs like i am. But even then you could get the same benefit from running a longer sleeve. The z3 ///M rear shocks are supposed to be a direct bolt in but are stiffer rates. And as far as shortening the rears i'd recommend just getting taller RSM's if you end up bottoming out your shocks. I plan on making RSMs that will allow you to directly bolt on bilstein sprints. That way you can buy new rear shocks in pretty much any valving you want for less then regular e30 shocks. Plus they are designed to allow a true rear coilover for those who end up going that route.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

So can we run z3 m front shocks? Are z3 m shocks just stiffer or are they shorter as well. I'm trying to find a good shock setup with out paying a ton and having to get shocks revalved..

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Fronts are like e36 so no. I doubt the z3 M shocks are shorter. phreshkid is running the rears with his coilovers but he's not "slammed". Theres always the camaro rears and mr2 rear inserts for the front. Shorter adjustable front and rear for about $400 total. e30fiend is running the agx rears with his 750 springs. I'm considering trying them so if any locals are interested in a complete used set of bilstein sports let me know.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Email from the aluminum machine shop

Hi nigel,
                  The coil over sample have been sent out to test,the parts will be available soon. I will check with our guys today and inform you later,i think 3 weeks is ok.
                  Rgs/alice

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Unless my research is not good enough, I couldnt find Bilstein "sports" for an e30 iX. All I could find were Bilstein HDs.

As far as the e30's front suspension... the rear inserts from the Camaro and Mr2s to go into our E30 front tube are from what year Mr2 and Camaro? And if we use these, inserts; will the thicker Bilstein Sport sized gland nut be the right size to harness these Camaro or strut inserts to our front strut housings?

E30 Fiend you say is running KYB AGXs in the rear. These are from what model and year car? I cannot find anything on the KYB website that has AGXs for our cars. They only recommend OE Replacements.

From the looks of it all, I think I am going to go with the Mz3 rears and still trying to figure out what I am going to do for the front.

Sorry about all the questions and desires for the specifics but I just want to know what options we have.

Comment

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
                      Unless my research is not good enough, I couldnt find Bilstein "sports" for an e30 iX. All I could find were Bilstein HDs.
                      The only difference between HD's and Sports for regular e30's is the length. Valving is the same. The 325ix shocks are apparantly significantly shorter, so it's irrelevant that there is not a Sport version, for our needs.
                      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                      e30 restoration and V8 swap
                      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

This should answer most of your questions. As far as doing the fronts the mr2 inserts have not been attempted yet on e30's. They have been done a million times though on starions. Since it is not an inverted strut you would use the factory gland buts. And i'm not 100% sure on how much shorter the strut body is on the ix inserts. You have to take off the yellow sleeve to get actual measurements of the shaft and the cartridge. I'll take some pics before i send them off for rebuilds. I'm going to give the AGX's the old college try and sell my full set of bilstein sports for $240. Just ordered a full set on amazon.

Last edited by einstein57; 12-14-2011, 11:05 PM.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Einstein: I'm gonna be ready to order mid to late January and from what I read from the thread I can pick my spring rates for the $335 shipped? Is late January when these are gonna be out and ready to order or is late January just when everyone else's order from the group buy will be in? If I ordered then, what would the time frame be on when I'd expect to receive them? thanks for such an awesome package you have put together!
                          Last edited by NC318e30; 12-20-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I would like these but I would also like to know how long they will be at this awesome price?

EDIT; found my answer;

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                            Till January 2013 or the manufacturers raise their prices. Which ever comes first. There is really no point in paying now at the $335 price instead of just waiting till they come out.
                            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Im looking at ordering a set of the coilovers + camber plates but have run into an issue...

I am located in Australia but have a US shipping address in Illinois, but as far as I can see the google wallet link will not allow me to see anything, it tells me -

'You are currently signed in to a Google Checkout account that does not have permission to perform the specified action. Please sign out of all Google Accounts and then sign in to the appropriate Google Checkout account before retrying the desired action.'

Im assuming this is due to my region... Is there any way I could organise payment and get these shipped to my Illinois address?
                              90 318i M62B44 OBD1
                              02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

That's the same problem I had and wasn't able to get it through.
                                Einstein: Is there any way we could maybe pay through PayPay + PP fees?

I know I'm probably out of the GB but I really want a set since I love the way these are engineered.

Comment

Working...
                                X