No announcement yet.

German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just going to take about 3" out of the strut housing and run 325ix inserts, so I'll use the springs you sent me, but still would like to exchange the shiny front parts.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Please send mine "as is"
      Thank you
      450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Originally posted by mammoth_e30 View Post
        I have camber plates so i am good with the current set up
        I'll drop them off tonight so you can test fit.

Originally posted by RagtopE30 View Post
        Please send mine "as is"
        Thank you
        Will heading out to the post office.

Originally posted by JGood View Post
        I'm just going to take about 3" out of the strut housing and run 325ix inserts, so I'll use the springs you sent me, but still would like to exchange the shiny front parts.

K.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'll take as is, I'll be using camber plates eventually.
          Pierre
          m3guru.bmwe30m3.net

Comment

do you have any sets for non group-buy customers? let me know, i think i may just go with the red colored ones... no dust boots...

also, do these fit both 45mm and 51mm strut housings?

Thanks einstein
            sigpic

Comment

If you want them as is i can sell them. The current length is perfect for someone who is planning on shortening their strut tubes to run ix, mr2, or koni race inserts. Otherwise you'd want to grind off the factory perch and weld on a new one 1-2" lower to be stanced.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                The current length is perfect for someone who is planning on shortening their strut tubes to run ix, mr2, or koni race inserts. Otherwise you'd want to grind off the factory perch and weld on a new one 1-2" lower to be stanced.
                so without any of these modifications, it wont really go low?
                sigpic

Comment

What would be the down side of the shorter spring options?

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Not as linear accross the compression range. That is more important on a race car then a street car as the difference is minimal. With out any modifications or chaning the springs your looking at about an inch of fender gap.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

if you cut the housing, will there still be enough threads on the inside to hold the shock in safely?
                      sigpic

Comment

you section it.

You don't straight cut it from the top, cut from somewhere in the middle , and reweld it.

Comment

he's talking about sectioning, not just just cutting off the top of the housing.
                          1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                          1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                          1974 2002tii / stock
                          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

You don't want to cut the housings at all unless your going to run shorter strut inserts. There are some nice write ups in the suspension thread. Perhaps I'll do a full write up showing what tools I used and such.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Oh, cool, so if you are running stock length shocks, you just slide the sleeve over the housing?
                              sigpic

Comment

That is correct. Here is a pic of garagistics install on the earlier kit. I believe reelizmpro has his installed the same way.

Lots of good information can be found in the DIY section

Last edited by einstein57; 03-11-2012, 03:27 PM.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X