No announcement yet.

German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone have an installation DIY on these?

Comment

I love these things. Ty for these. My fronts are pretty much maxed and my rears have a little more to go. Sitting on 16's

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
      Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
      LSx e36TI coming soon
      Originally posted by s0urce
      Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
        I love these things. Ty for these. My fronts are pretty much maxed and my rears have a little more to go. Sitting on 16's

Looks good!

Are those the 5" or 6" springs in the front?

Comment

Originally posted by als88 View Post
          Looks good!

Are those the 5" or 6" springs in the front?
          Thanks man! They're 5" in front, with bilsteins.

Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
          LSx e36TI coming soon
          Originally posted by s0urce
          Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Looking good sir. Tire specs?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Anybody have a set of these available?
              E30 buildy things
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

any info on when you might have more of these in?

Comment

Should be a couple more weeks.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

These done? Want to get some for my 318is.

Comment

I have looked through 97 pages on these coilovers. I bought them a few months back but not sure on which front and rear shocks I should be using. I feel like people say many different things. I drive a 318is so i really dont want to bottom out and crack my oil pan..even though I know it will happen at some point lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cody_eppler View Post
                        I have looked through 97 pages on these coilovers. I bought them a few months back but not sure on which front and rear shocks I should be using. I feel like people say many different things. I drive a 318is so i really dont want to bottom out and crack my oil pan..even though I know it will happen at some point lol.
                        Direct fitment I had them on a '91 318is. Gonna be riding high if you don't cut your spring housing though.

Comment

Rear shocks is all your choice. If I were you go with some Bilstein sports or Konis.

For the front I believe it depends if you are shortening your housings or not. If you shorten them, then you need to either get your bilstein sport shocks shortened or buy some bilstein ix hds, orr short konis which are both already shorter than stock. If you decide to keep your housings the same length then go with some regular length konis or bilstein sports.

Get a skid plate, dont lower your car more than you can manage, and be careful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was hoping to cut it about 1.5 to 2 inches i think three inches would be to much for the 318 after seeing all the pics of the cars. A skid plate would be a good idea! Ok so you say shortened do the shocks come that way or do you have to take them to a shop? Honestly I just dont know. Im pretty knew to all this. I just want to make sure I do it right and not half asses

Comment

IThere are only a few model struts that come shorter. I believe it is the Bilstein ix HD's and the Koni SA's.

I dont remember exactly how much shorter the bilstein ix hd struts are but I thinnkk its 2.5 inches, so you will need to cut 2.5 inches out of your tube. Or you can cut 1.5 inches out and have a 1 inch spacer under the strut. I have no clue about the Koni's.

Bilstein Sports, regular Bilstein HD's, and Koni's yellows are stock length. If you find a pair of these then you can send them back to the manufacturer and get them shortened and rebuilt. Which is what I did with a set of blown bilsteins I found for sale cheap.

I believe there arw a few people on this forum who sell already shortened housings. If you do not have time/space/tools/experience to do the procedure then this may be a good route for you.

The rear shocks do not need to be shortened or anything. Bilstein Sport shocks should be perfectly fine for you.

If anyone sees something wrong, feel free to correct me cause I am writing this off the top of my head from my research months ago.

Comment

Thanks! Ill have to go and check it out. Lots of work to be done now.

Comment

Working...
                                X