No announcement yet.

e30 Keyless Entry (Sold Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just took the keys to a local lock shop and it is was a quarter of an inch short on the blades. Was that part of the design or what because to get him to work we had to adjust it to match my key. I haven't touched the second key yet because of this.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files
    Last edited by turge; 11-29-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

why didnt you say anything about the roundels sooner? i would have totally wanted them.

:(

just got mine today, cant wait to install it this weekend.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Nvm, questioned answered.

Code:
        [quote=turge;3483281]I just took the keys to a local lock shop and it is was a quarter of an inch short on the blades. Was that part of the design or what because to get him to work we had to sort-of ghetto rig it to match my key. I haven't touched the second key yet because of this.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

[B]Key Comparison shot:[/B]

Top Key is cut to show how the locksmith cut it. Bottom key is the blanks. Are they designed to have a quarter of an inch of space to work with?

[IMG]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/526700_10151541686463242_1795201517_n.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Old Key:[/B]

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/75903_10151541686253242_593800920_n.jpg[/img]
        Last edited by turge; 11-29-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

If any of you guys run across a locksmith who is not sure how to cut them make sure to tell them the blanks need a "tip cut" and not from the shoulder.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

To be honest (even though mine are cut correctly) I just use the keyless fob to lock and unlock the car and the stock key for starting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
            -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
              If any of you guys run across a locksmith who is not sure how to cut them make sure to tell them the blanks need a "tip cut" and not from the shoulder.
              You might want to start putting this in the instructions.
              1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                To be honest (even though mine are cut correctly) I just use the keyless fob to lock and unlock the car and the stock key for starting.

Thats the way to do it. The drivers side door lock end up weakening the keys and giving them a slight twist. Thats why you hear of so many people breaking keys off in their ignition.

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
                You might want to start putting this in the instructions.
                The idea initially was to appeal to e12, e21, etc guys but they only make up about 3% of my customers. The next batch will have the standard shoulders. I have about 20 kits left.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

I installed it and it works well. For the price, the keys are a pretty decent quality as well.

I found the diagram / instructions really bad. Even my friends dad, who does avionics electronics, had trouble figuring it out. The cut icon is... unintelligible. Its either scissors or 1 knife. Not 2 crossed knives, which i only realized later. Most of these kits are splice in, this one requires cutting the wires. This also wasn't clear because the diagram is bad and the wire colors aren't right for e30s. Why even have colors on the car side when you're marketing to multiple cars? That's confusing. They should be labeled lock and unlock wire.

I can design you a much better insert if you're interested. Even if you're set on staying with a minuscule size.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

The wire colors match up for every e30 i know of except the 91 318i. The colors even match up for the e28 with the exception of flasher lights. The wires colors are for under dash installations. If you did a trunk installation then the colors would be different. I don't market to any other model but the e30. The wires colors are for under dash installations.You wont find me selling these on my e28 or any other non e30 forum. The 83-84 e30s have the same keys as the early e28/e21/e24s so i list those on my ebay store only. The scissors were drawn by DVCK so take it up with him. lol

There is no cutting required. Removing the orange wires are optional if you want to clean up the harness. What wires did you cut?
                    Last edited by einstein57; 12-04-2012, 11:10 AM.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Nigel, sorry if this has been answered but are the flasher lights under the dash as well, I couldn't find them.
                      harry/harout

Comment

The flashers are on the headlight switch.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Thank you amigo

Are the front supposed to flash also or just the rears?
                          Last edited by bmw325csi; 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM.
                          harry/harout

Comment

You can hook one wire to the fronts and one to the rears.

-Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Any idea what color the fronts are?
                              harry/harout

Comment

The grey/yellow and grey/white wires on the headlight switch are right and left. Each wire does complete side of the car front and back.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X