e30 Keyless Entry (Sold Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyless entry

Im interested in getting this. How much is it now?

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
      If any of you guys run across a locksmith who is not sure how to cut them make sure to tell them the blanks need a "tip cut" and not from the shoulder.
      I wish I would of saw this before I went to the locksmith. Both keys don't work. I was thinking of just getting a new ignition lock cylinder and getting it re keyed. If that doesn't work, do have more blanks available?

Comment

einstein57 (or anyone), installed the keyless entry in the trunk, every wire soldered and well grounded, was wondering if anyone had troubles with the inline fuse on the power wire blowing... the 15 amp on it blew after one click on the button, a 25 same, i have a 30A in it now that seems to be holding but i feel like you would have put a 30A with the kit if that were normal...

and i've been trying to get the flashers to work on the key but haven't had luck yet, i connected the brown wires to the brown in the back lights and also the back running lights and it hasn't flashed yet, but i'll keep moving them around. if i can't get the lights to flash i will either decide i don't care enough or move it to the front.

edit: wait, maybe i was supposed to connect brown on keyless system harness to the white lines in the marker lights harness because isn't brown negative? might have answered that question. oops.
        Last edited by t1xj; 12-15-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

found out today after taking kickpanel off and speaker out I do not have central locking system or relay. i guess mine never came with it from factory.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
            Passenger ejector seat.

Here is what I did with the trunk function:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=272754
            1987 325e Commuter Project Blog

1967 1600 Project Blog: www.TX02.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by t1xj View Post
              einstein57 (or anyone), installed the keyless entry in the trunk, every wire soldered and well grounded, was wondering if anyone had troubles with the inline fuse on the power wire blowing... the 15 amp on it blew after one click on the button, a 25 same, i have a 30A in it now that seems to be holding but i feel like you would have put a 30A with the kit if that were normal...

and i've been trying to get the flashers to work on the key but haven't had luck yet, i connected the brown wires to the brown in the back lights and also the back running lights and it hasn't flashed yet, but i'll keep moving them around. if i can't get the lights to flash i will either decide i don't care enough or move it to the front.

edit: wait, maybe i was supposed to connect brown on keyless system harness to the white lines in the marker lights harness because isn't brown negative? might have answered that question. oops.
              That does not seem right but i don't install them in the trunk ever. I've piggie backed off the 12v on the headlight switch and have never had any problems with drawing too much current. Although i would not try that with the power window roll up enabled. You should check what the current draw is with out the keyless installed.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

That does not seem right but i don't install them in the trunk ever. I've piggie backed off the 12v on the headlight switch and have never had any problems with drawing too much current. Although i would not try that with the power window roll up enabled. You should check what the current draw is with out the keyless installed.
                i had the power wire going directly to the battery. don't have a multi-meter, so i'll probably just take it out and install it up front where everything is. harder to get at but should solve any issue i've had i'm guessing. other than me not hooking the flashers up right and getting too much power, the rest of it has worked great.

Comment

Well if you had it connected directly to the battery then too much draw from a circuit is not the problem. The flasher wires for the keyless just happen to be brown. They are not intended to be connected to the vehicles ground. That would be short the system and blow fuses like your experiencing. Try disconnecting your flasher wires and see if they still blow fuses.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Well if you had it connected directly to the battery then too much draw from a circuit is not the problem. The flasher wires for the keyless just happen to be brown. They are not intended to be connected to the vehicles ground. That would be short the system and blow fuses like your experiencing. Try disconnecting your flasher wires and see if they still blow fuses.
                    i decided to do it the "right" way and installed it in the kick panel using FLG's write-up on post #87 and it worked flawlessly and flashes the turn signals on lock and unlock as i wanted. i'm using a 15A fuse as you supplied. took me 30 minutes with uninstall to wrapping up wires and testing.

if anyone is installing this and wants the flashers to work, just do it in the kick panel and you'll be all set especially if you follow FLG's write-up as i did. if you just want lock/unlock, trunk is definitely easier.

meant to say, real glad i bought this. getting keys cut tomorrow. i'd recommend this to any e30 owner.

Comment

Glad it worked out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Don't forget to ask for a tip guided cut.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

order in. :)

can i also get "tip guided cut"?

Comment

a tip guided cut is the method the locksmith uses to cut the key. they should know already but i just said "i was told to make sure it was a tip guided cut" and the locksmith said of course. only cost a couple dollhairs for both keys

Comment

nigel, for some reason your website says there are no plans to sell anymore in the future?
                              As a fan of your brand, I think that's bullshit. Make moar plz. PLZ.

Originally posted by yert315
                              Your mother is plug n play

Comment

His website says no more e46 style keys , only flip keys are available
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X